The Official guide to Barcelona’s Gaudí landmarks by Turisme de Barcelona.
The GaudíBCN audioguide lets you discover the work of the visionary architect who left Barcelona a legacy of unique landmarks.
Admire the beauty and originality of 11 unforgettable places, 5 of them Unesco World Heritage Sites: the Sagrada Família, Park Güell, the Casa Batlló and the Casa Milà, or “La Pedrera”...
More than one hour of audio content covering dazzling façades that resemble ocean waves, rooftops with chimneys that look like warriors, dragon-shaped fountains... Details and curiosities that will help you discover the work of the great modernista architect as you stroll through Barcelona.
With the app GaudíBCN you’ll be able to...
- Visit Gaudí’s buildings at your leisure, in the order you want: each chapter deals with a landmark buildings and also features information about Gaudí, Catalonia’s home-grown art nouveau movement, Modernisme, and the city.
- Discover every detail of the façades and interiors in an entertaining and enjoyable way with the narrator’s descriptions accompanied by music and sound effects.
- Complete the experience with more than 200 photos of the places to visit, as well as up-to-the-minute, practical information about access and opening times.
In addition to the audio content, the guide also features...
- A gallery of photos you can zoom in on to admire the details and discover the building in greater depth.
- Geolocation that allows you to plot your current location on the Barcelona map and see how far away you are from the buildings on the route (developed for Wi Fi or 3G connections).
- A text version, which you can consult throughout the audioguided tour, features useful information: opening times, how to get there, location on the map, public transport in the area, etc.
- GaudíBCN is designed to be used with or without an internet connection.
- More than 200 high-quality images suitable for devices with high-resolution retina displays.
- Compatible with iPhone and iPodTouch handsets.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Updated version with additional content about the Palau Güell. Following the refurbishment of the building and its reopening to the public, new chapters have been added about the interior of the Palau: the mezzanine floor, the bedroom floor, attic and rooftop.
Ratings and Reviews
Good potential, poor execution.
Primarily got it for the map and the audio. Getting to the map is awkward as you have to drill down into a location in order to see the map - puzzling UI.
However the biggest complaint is poor / incorrect implementation of the audio. If the phone is on vibrate, the audio doesn't output. If the phone is locked, the audio stops playing. This cripples a potentially great function.
The developer, Turisme de Barcelona, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Turisme de Barcelona
- 148.8 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2011 Turisme de Barcelona