Welcome fellow Knitters! This application will help you to use your preferred yarn and needle size for any project by converting between two knitted gauges. (Designers should include a gauge in their patterns for your reference.) Just knit your gauge swatch and use this application to convert between the two gauges.
The new features in this release include:
* Convert rows and stitches relative to a Pattern Gauge using your own gauge swatch
* Calculate rows and stitches by length using your gauge
* Option to round to nearest stitch and row
* Option to work in inches or centimeters
* Option to display fractions of inches or centimeters by Length
* Automatically scale gauges of different sizes
* Customizable gauge sizes with default of 4" x 4" or 10cm x 10cm
* Support for internationalized decimal places in gauges and Length screen (e.g.: 5.5 rows or 10,0cm)
* Automatically saves latest settings and gauges for next use
* Swipe gesture on gauges to allow more room
* Support for portrait or landscape orientation
* Split-screen multi-tasking support on iPad® where available
This application was designed by knitters for knitters and we love to hear your feedback. For support and additional information about Gauge Converter please visit https://knitastic.ninja/support
* Fixed a bug that prevented decimal input in some regions
* Fixed a bug that displayed old gauge values after tabbing to next field
* Updated for compatibility with latest iOS version
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Time saver for sure!
23 April 2016 Ok, so I don’t even consider myself an intermediate knitter. My recent knitting history has primarily been finished work that is “size doesn’t matter.” I wasn’t sure I would really need a tool to help me adjust pattern gauge to my personal gauge. I was a little skeptical. But I finally found a sweater pattern that doesn’t look too complicated for me to knit. I’m excited! But since my gauge is always different from any pattern I look at, and I wanted to use a different sized yarn than what the pattern recommended (which also meant different sized needles), I decided to give this gauge converter a try. I’m so glad I did!! I have to say it was extremely easy to use. I can enter all my values and the converter calculates all the changes I need to achieve successful results. I thought making the conversion manually would be a simple task, but I soon realized there are several places in a sweater pattern where the conversion is important… increasing and decreasing stitches, changing length, where to adjust the neck and armhole, etc. This converter made a time consuming manual calculation quick and easy. I can heartily recommend this app to any knitter. This will be an important tool to add to your toolbox!
One use only!, no support!, warning
I bought this thinking this is great, I put in the info and yes it worked but, you can’t do anymore after the first conversion. There isn’t any erase or new conversion button or anything that I could find. I went to the help page and my iPad told me that the information I give is not safe and to close this app. Too bad it’s a nice little tool...but for one use...no way.
Developer Response ,
Hi Ruthie, clicking on the "Pattern Gauge" bar, or "My Gauge" bar should bring up the editor again and let you quickly change your stitch, row and size values. I am so sorry this didn't work for you. Regarding the support site, humble apologies there as well. It looks like our website certificate expired without notice. We will get that taken care of. Cheers and have a good spring.
I could do the math but this makes calculating so much easier. Beyond figuring out your cast on number it gives you equivalents for every stitch count. Very pleased !
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.