Welcome fellow Knitters! This application will help you to use your preferred yarn and needle size for any project by converting between two knitted gauges. (Designers should include a gauge in their patterns for your reference.) Just knit your gauge swatch and use this application to convert between the two gauges.
The new features in this release include:
* Convert rows and stitches relative to a Pattern Gauge using your own gauge swatch
* Calculate rows and stitches by length using your gauge
* Option to round to nearest stitch and row
* Option to work in inches or centimeters
* Option to display fractions of inches or centimeters by Length
* Automatically scale gauges of different sizes
* Customizable gauge sizes with default of 4" x 4" or 10cm x 10cm
* Support for internationalized decimal places in gauges and Length screen (e.g.: 5.5 rows or 10,0cm)
* Automatically saves latest settings and gauges for next use
* Swipe gesture on gauges to allow more room
* Support for portrait or landscape orientation
* Split-screen multi-tasking support on iPad® where available
This application was designed by knitters for knitters and we love to hear your feedback. For support and additional information about Gauge Converter please visit https://knitastic.ninja/support
* Fixed a bug that prevented decimal input in some regions
* Fixed a bug that displayed old gauge values after tabbing to next field
* Updated for compatibility with latest iOS version
Ratings and Reviews
Time saver for sure!
23 April 2016 Ok, so I don’t even consider myself an intermediate knitter. My recent knitting history has primarily been finished work that is “size doesn’t matter.” I wasn’t sure I would really need a tool to help me adjust pattern gauge to my personal gauge. I was a little skeptical. But I finally found a sweater pattern that doesn’t look too complicated for me to knit. I’m excited! But since my gauge is always different from any pattern I look at, and I wanted to use a different sized yarn than what the pattern recommended (which also meant different sized needles), I decided to give this gauge converter a try. I’m so glad I did!! I have to say it was extremely easy to use. I can enter all my values and the converter calculates all the changes I need to achieve successful results. I thought making the conversion manually would be a simple task, but I soon realized there are several places in a sweater pattern where the conversion is important… increasing and decreasing stitches, changing length, where to adjust the neck and armhole, etc. This converter made a time consuming manual calculation quick and easy. I can heartily recommend this app to any knitter. This will be an important tool to add to your toolbox!
I could do the math but this makes calculating so much easier. Beyond figuring out your cast on number it gives you equivalents for every stitch count. Very pleased !
One use only!, no support!, warning
I bought this thinking this is great, I put in the info and yes it worked but, you can’t do anymore after the first conversion. There isn’t any erase or new conversion button or anything that I could find. I went to the help page and my iPad told me that the information I give is not safe and to close this app. Too bad it’s a nice little tool...but for one use...no way.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.