Gauges is an all-in-one utility with GPS, Altimeter, Speedometer, Barometer, Accelerometer, Magnetometer, Sound level and Light meter:
1. Speed information (kph, mph and knots)
2. GPS Altitude (meters and feet), and also Pressure Altitude with 1013.25 mbar setting.
3. Barometric information (hPa, Hg, PSI, kPa, and mmHg)
4. Accelerometer (G forces)
5. Location and heading (Latitude, Longitude, Magnetic and True heading)
6. Magnetic force (in microtesla and Gauss)
7. Sound level meter (dB)
9. All the previous combined!
A real-time graph shows the updated values for each instrument, and a map is available when location and heading are selected.
Sliding the instrument to the left exposes the option to mark the value - a quick annotation of the current value for future comparison.
Minimum and Maximum values for each instrument are recorded, and can also be reset with a tap.
Unit definitions available through Wiki links.
Share the sensor information, or use it on other apps, such as a note or email.
Things you can do with this app:
* Find hidden cameras, metal structures or even electric wires behind walls, with the Magnetometer
* Check if the weather is improving, with the Barometer
* Check how fast your train, plane or boat is going with the GPS Speedometer
* Find your current Altitude with the GPS altimeter, or an altitude calibrated to 1023.25, or your own QNH setting on the Barometer
* Discover how many G's you endure on a roller coaster ride
* Record all this and more and explore the data on a spreadsheet (In App Purchase required!)
* Recording of all the data that you can later share with other Apps in CSV format. (You need to do an in-app Purchase for this feature).
* View all sensor information at once (In-App purchase required).
* Option to produce spoken values at regular intervals.
* Data update frequency from 1 ms to 1 second. (In-App purchase required).
* Ability to enable and disable each instrument (In-App purchase required).
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
** Fixed realtime pressure altitude graph **
Ratings and Reviews
I was playing around with this app. I had mainly gotten it for use of the barometer. However, did you realize that if you are sitting still the speedometer actually tells you how fast your heart is beating? Pretty sweet! I will be playing with this app fairly often!
Some charting errors
It’s a neat ap at face value, but very basic charting/sensor errors make it easy to assume there are other errors behind the scenes.
- Accelerometer charting is fine in magnitude, X, and Y, but Z axis charting biases the chart to the bottom of the chart. The value in the table is correct, but the chart is biased to the bottom.
- Sound level is outright incorrect, says its -70dB while I’m sitting in my quiet house. I’d believe it if the kids were up. I’ve never had a problem with the mic, and my phone is only about a month old.
Speed data error in excel
Speed record in saved excel spreadsheet shows error. Max number with my data is less than 20. What does this mean? Can you let me know when fix will be done?
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback! Speed is recorded in meters/second. You can convert from that into the unit of your liking.
- Emidio Cunha
- 9.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Mobytestudio.
- In-App Purchases
- Record Unlock $3.99
- Unlock $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.