This is the free news app you've been looking for. Instant access to over 150 top news sources in 1 app with Gawq - the first app built to unbreak the news. Filter the noise and find balanced, unbiased content and 360-degree coverage on breaking news happening near you and around the world.
- Breaking headline US & World news
- Filter opinions, celebrity gossip, politics, or paid news
- No secret algorithms
- No in-stream ads
- Disable sources with paywalls
- Follow your favorite topics & keep up with the latest
- Compare how different outlets cover the same story
- Bookmark stories to read later
- Mute topics or sources that clutter your feed
- Clean reader mode for easy browsing
- Rate & review media coverage to help build a better news platform for all
- Use dark mode for browsing that's easier on the eyes & the battery
- Discuss stories & see what others are saying
- Compare the latest fact checks across the web
Major media available on Gawq:
- US & World: Reuters, Fox News, CNN, NBC, CBS, NY Times, NY Post, The Guardian, Newsweek, Axios + more
- Politics: The Hill, Politico, American Conservative, Politico, + more
- Sports: ESPN, Bleacher Report, NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, MMA, Sports Illustrated, + more
- Entertainment: US Weekly, Vanity Fair, TMZ, Billboard, Rolling Stone, + more
- Business: CNBC, Bloomberg, Fast Company, Forbes, + more
- Tech: Wired, TechCrunch, CNET, Polygon, Engadget, Gizmodo, The Next Web, + more
- Science: NASA, National Geographic, LiveScience, HowStuffWorks, + more
- Finance: Barrons, Benzinga, TheStreet, MarketWatch, + more
- Lifestyle & specialty sources, from gaming to automotive, crypto, fashion, + more
- Fixed crash when clicking on a topic
- Other minor improvements
Ratings and Reviews
By far the best news site out there.
Just discovered a wonderful feature that compelled me to write a review. The news consists of a list of headlines. This shows links to two news sources, with a number under it like +18. When you click the number, you get all the stories they curated with a slider to adjust to the left or right of the political spectrum. This is great, because I turn off the lying outlets like CNN NPR *BC, etc. on my main feed but sometimes you want to see what they say. It also has what seems to be the best fact check on the Internet. Very factual and balanced.
One glitch: the news Reader View has ads and formatting removed but sometimes you lose videos, and when you switch back to the regular page view it is very temporary. So I suggest turning off reader view.
Lots of Potential - Not ready yet
There is a lot of potential for this app and I love their concept but it just feels like Beta right now. Many things don’t work. I’ve experienced several crashes. Lots of spinning balls waiting for content to load. Sometimes it doesn’t load and you have to force quit and start again. iPad is vertical only which is annoying. Favorites category doesn’t work, just spins forever on iPhone and iPad even with 1.01 bug fix update.
I also really don’t appreciate they make you sign up with email address AND phone number to actually use the app. Without signing up it’s not really useful at all. There’s no technical reason you would need to sign up, they just want to collect our info. Is that for a future sale of our personal info? They aren’t clear and they do leave that open to possibility on their website. I really cannot recommend this app until they make a lot of updates.
Excellent!! A Game changer!!
Gawq is truly the future; it is a gift to humanity; people deserve It!! For too long, we have been victims of major news networks attempting to control our thinking. They have told us what to think, how to vote, what is truth and what is false; pushing their agendas and biased views on us. However, Gawq offers people the necessary tools to fight back and challenge fake and bias news (on both sides of the aisle). With the many Gawq features (filters, and fact checks, and ratings, and reviews), an individual has the tools not only to challenge news channels but actual journalists writing these false or biased articles. Truth is power, and Gawq gives us the tools and resources to seek and find that TRUTH!! Thank you, Gawq!!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Gawq LLC
- 65.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2021 Gawq LLC.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.