With #Gazer you can quickly and conveniently view your texts formatted with markup (e.g. Markdown) in their formatted state. Among many special features to customize the program to your needs, #Gazer also has a live update feature that automatically updates the view of your document when the file is saved.
Features of #Gazer
# Supported markup languages
#Gazer supports the following markup languages: Markdown, MarkdownExtra, MultiMarkdown, BBCode, HTML, Smark, Textile and Wikitext. Using the file extension of the particular file to be displayed, #Gazer automatically detects which markup language to use. Via the preferences of #Gazer new file extensions can be added and the assignment to the respective languages can be changed.
Furthermore, the additional markup language CriticMarkup is supported, which can be provided with individual CSS styles via #Gazer's preferences.
For MultiMarkdown users, there is also a special option to use the MultiMarkdown terminal tool via #Gazer's preferences.
# Automatic content updates
#Gazer automatically updates the view every time the file is saved. So you can edit your text in your favorite editor and see your formatted document at the same time.
#Textbundle and Textpack support
#Gazer also supports the popular Textbundle and Textpack formats, which can also be formatted with all the markup languages supported by #Gazer.
# Customizing the preview
The view of your documents in #Gazer can be controlled using CSS files. #Gazer comes with four different styles, each of which has a light and dark variant. In addition, you can add as many custom CSS files as you want via #Gazer's preferences, which you can use for the preview.
# HTML code preview
Instead of the formatted preview, you can also preview the HTML code of the formatted document.
# Base URL options
#Gazer offers extensive options for setting the base URL, which you can use to display images from other directories or web pages in your documents.
- Export to various formats: TXT, RTF, RTFD, ODT, DOC, PDF, HTML, Textbundle, Textpack
- Edit in - open the current document in another app
- Copy HTML code to the clipboard with the click of a button
- Adjust the font size in preview
- show file in Finder
- full screen mode
You can get more information about #Gazer on Xelaton.com. There you can also send me a message via the contact form if you have any problems or questions!
- new, additional option for the internal markup parser to create HTML5 compliant markup tags on empty elements (img, br, hr)
- preferences for setting up the MultiMarkdown tool adjusted to meet the new requirements
**Internal Markup Parser**
- improvements in the handling of attributes for block elements
- adjusted display for footnotes, they are now displayed superscripted and without brackets
- adjusted display for citations, which correspond to the current MultiMarkdown representation
- fixes a bug when using the citation markup, which causes the app to crash under certain circumstances
- fixes a bug when using markup attributes that causes the app to crash under certain circumstances
- fixes a bug with the conversion of citation markup that led to incorrect display under certain conditions
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Alexander Sasse
- 5.1 MB
- Requires macOS 10.10 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Xelaton Software
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.