GCal for Google Calendar is the Best Mac app for Google Calendar.
Keep track of life's important events all in one place that gives you fast and instant access to Google Calendar without ever needing to open your web browser.
• Instant access to Google Calendar via your Mac's menu bar or Dock.
• Fast and responsive design.
• With Advanced Notifications.
• Use your Trackpad and swipe between time period, and more with our extras.
• Very easy to add events or appointments and share.
• Global Hot Key to open app or create events.
• If you want you can keep the window floating.
• Resizable window with responsive design.
• Visually amazing design and interface.
• Built with the latest available technology for an amazing experience.
JOIN CONFERENCE MEETINGS EASILY:
• Quickly join call/video meeting from the menu bar or the Dock.
• GCal for Google Calendar will find your meetings and display them. Join your meeting in easy 1 click.
• GCal for Google Calendar is retrieving all the major video conferencing services (Google Meet, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Webex...)
• Join a meeting with your Web Browser or the native app (Zoom, Teams)
• If you have multiple Web Browsers you can assign a specific Web Browser or Native app for a conferencing service.
• Join meeting from Advanced Notification.
• Join meeting from Widget video event.
• 30 Beautiful Dock icons displaying date, day, month, week number.
• 30+ Beautiful Menubar icons displaying date, day, month, week number.
• 18 Great Widgets.
• Open events in the calendar by clicking on the widget events.
• Beautiful Dark Mode and 8 more extra themes.
• Shortcuts (macOS 13 or later).
• Extras available such as Highlight Week-ends, Visually merges same events into one, hide past events,...
• Add easily ICS file, with Open With, Drag and Drop in the Dock...
• Create and Add Weather Calendar. (macOS 13 or later)
NB: An Internet Connection is needed to use GCal for Google Calendar. Offline mode not supported.
GCal for Google Calendar is not affiliated with, associated to, nor endorsed by Google in any way. Google, and the Google Logo are trademarks of Google Inc.
We've worked hard to make GCal for Google Calendar as simple and efficient as possible for you to use. We would love to hear your thoughts via email and make any improvements to future versions of this app. We intend to have an active development cycle powered by your feedback, love and support!
[Bug Fixed] The last recent update introduced a small bug for some configurations, now fixed.
[New] 2 new great extras have been added.
[New] 1 Daily Events Widget with configurable day (great to display multiple days of events on your desktop with the new macOS 14 Sonoma).
[New] 2 Analog Time Widgets with 5 themes.
[New] Now 30 beautiful Dock Icons with live Date. [Thanks Andre]
[New] 30 Menubar Icons.
[New] On top of the classic refined Dark theme you can now choose one of the 8 new great themes (pink, purple,...)
[New] After the last Trackpad Swipe extra a 6th new extra to Hide Morning Hours. [Thanks Ned]
[New] 7th extra to dim the toolbar when the window is inactive.
[New] Zoom state now remembered between launch. [Thanks David]
[New] Day of the week option for the icons (dock and menubar).
[New] Week number option for the icons (dock and menubar).
[New] Option to hide the window at launch. [Thanks Greg]
[New] German translation.
[New] Option to launch at login.
[Improvement] Widget events with video call are now displaying a video icon.
[Improvement] Widget events, you can click on it to join a video call or open the event in the calendar.
[Bug fixed] ICS Drag & Drop in the Dock.
[Other] Small bugs fixed and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
EXCELLENT Google Calendar Application
I have been using this application for years and have no idea why it has so many negative reviews. Earlier it was not perfect and did have some glitches, but the new update is amazing and is exactly what any heavy-duty Google calednar user would want.
It works exactly like Google calendar online and also has nice native macOS keyboard shortcut features. I have had no issues with links and creating new events. Making new events is easy; it is just like the web version of Google calendar.
RAM is usage heavy compared to other native applications (roughly as much as a Chrome plugin), but still reasonable.
Dark mode is good but there's too much 'glow' at times and the text for scheduled events do not have enough of a contrast with background colors. Would be nicer if the dark theme took a more modern and 'flat' approach, but is still a fine theme.
I would use this over other GCal calendar applications such as Woven, and this is superior to Apple's built-in caledar if you're a Google Calendar user.
Overall, excellent application and amazing update!
Very usable Mac desktop app for viewing and editing Google calendars. Attractive, straightforward, usable interface, and everything seems to work exactly as it should. This is the only non-browser app I've found that shows not only my own Google calendara, but also other Google calendars shared with me exactly as in the browser view of Google Calendar.
I can also testify that customer support is excellent, as I had a little problem when I first installed the app (user error?), and the developer contacted me within half a day to help.
I don't know why there isn't a dark mode, or theme built into the normal Google Calendar, but the main reason I bought this app was for the dark mode. And in a lot of ways this app is good. It shows me my calendar, has all the normal features I like and is great... as long as you don't change the view from wherever it's set. For example, I set it to the Week view, and if I try to change to the day or the month it just locks up. Eventually it usually updates but I typically end up having to close it and reopne it. If it worked smoothly I would give it five stars, but it just feels janky, and as I'm trying to use it for work and look ahead and behind for appointments, I just can't handle the level of jank this app has. Back to the web client and Dark Reader I guess.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Chandalis Meas
- 7.5 MB
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian
- Age Rating
- © 2016-2023 Yellow Monkey Studio
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.