This is the legacy app for Guitarist Deluxe subscribers.
Deluxe has ceased publication on the Adobe DPS platform. We are still publishing the digital edition, complete with video and interactive features including music tracks, interviews with top players and tuition, but on a new platform that allows us to:
• Make the content available on iPhone & iPod Touch
• Offer free trial promotions
• Provide a redesigned storefront to make it much easier to find what you’re looking for
A new digital edition will be uploaded monthly for both subscribers and single issue purchasers.
Once you’ve downloaded our app, you will need to take a free trial or purchase a single issue or subscription to access our in-depth content. We also publish specials and guides - browse our publications, read what interests you most, and get inspired.
Back issues, specials, and future issues are available for purchase within the app. Subscriptions are available on various monthly and annual terms, and auto-renew until you decide to cancel it. Check inside the app for current pricing.
*** Please Note: Our digital edition is not printable and does not include the covermount items or supplements you would find with the print edition ***
• The free trial offer is only available to new subscribers. If you have previously subscribed then payment will be taken immediately.
• You can cancel at any time during the free trial period and you will not be charged. Simply turn off auto-renew in your Apple account subscriptions page at least 24 hours before the auto-renew is due.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
• You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for that product.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase .
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. This does not affect your statutory rights.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
The subscription will include the current issue if you don't already own it and subsequently published future issues for the duration of your subscription period.
We've gotten the feather duster out, squashed some bugs and added support for newer devices.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Best Digital Magazine Implementation for iPad
This is probably the best digital magazine implementation I've used for iPad. Many magazines simply provide images of the actual magazine pages. Because magazine pages are much larger than the iPad screen, they are a nightmare to use because you have to constant zoom in, zoom out and pan. The Guitarist Deluxe magazine iPad-version is DESIGNED for the iPad rather than PORTED to it. I would say the iPad version is superior to the print version because it is highly interactive and fun to use. Instead of having to refer to CD contents, you can just tap on different parts of the screen. Screen rotations are also used to great effect and reveal different content. Even the advertisements are fun to view and I found myself interacting with them. This should be good news to advertisers and the finances of the magazine publisher. Many iPad versions are more complicated to use than their print versions; however, the Guitarist Deluxe is the opposite. It uses technology to make things easier and better than the print version. I just hope their other magazines also integrate the cover mounted material as much of the value of Future Magazine publications come from that content. If so, they will be getting subscriptions from me. Well done! And 5 stars!
this is a fantastic example of the direction magazines should go. from the come to life cover of bb speaking about playing and his life to johnny marr playing a few bars on his new jaguar model. the lessons with played examples are much more convenient to use than the cds were. i am hoping they add more content as time goes on. i could write more but spend the $6 to see for yourself if you are a guitar lover. johnny's interview and video discussion concerning his new fender makes you want to get a hold of the jag and play it for yourself. so often i see a sig model and wonder what exactly did this person do to design the axe. for this one you know and it definitely elevates your appreciation of the model. it is something that would not have come across in printed mag.
yes, the mag is expensive and if you do subscribe to the print, all digital should be included parituclarly since the print version is EXPENSIVE - it was more justified when they were shipping with a cd. this is no longer the case. they have to sort this rationally and soon.
for now though i am pleased to have this mag, a vision of the future of publishing. big kudos to the team who developed this. to all readers of this, please support the effort!
More than just a magazine
I am writing to tell you that the Guitarist Deluxe edition designed for iPad is wonderfully inspiring! It is like being back in school and wanting to know everything all over again! I never thought reading could be both informative AND fun! I even love the commercials with all of the videos and sound bites! When I used to read the regular issues bought at the bookstore, I would see all of the devices, amps and guitar gear within the pages of Guitarist I have wondered what must that sound like? Well, right here with a touch of my finger I can not only see it in action but get an idea of what it sounds like as well. I absolutely love it and look forward to a future of touching everything I am curious about and having my desire satisfied immediately! Great job!
- Future Publishing Ltd.
- 40 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Future Publishing Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- November 2011 $3.99
- 3 Month Subscription $11.99
- 6 Month Subscription $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.