Laundry app will give you the insight and control you need to manage your connected GE Appliances Laundry units.
- Requires a Wi-Fi router with internet.
- Requires a compatible GE Appliances Washer and/or Dryer.
- Requires a Connect Plus module or washer/dryer with internal Wi-Fi module
- View status of your Laundry unit from anywhere on your iPhone.
- Get timely notifications related to normal user maintenance.
- Get notifications when a wash or dry cycle finishes.
- Get updates on cycle progress and time remaining.
- Get software updates.
- Remotely control washer and dryer (only some models).
Washer Specific Features:
- Connect Cycle, which enables three additional wash cycles (available on some models).
- Amazon Dash Replenishment available with models that have detergent and fabric softener smart dispense tanks (SMARTDISPENSE™ TECHNOLOGY).
Dryer Specific Features:
- Remotely enable/disable extended tumble cycle to prevent wrinkles.
- Dryer Sheet Counting & Amazon Dash Replenishment for Dryer Sheets (Available on models that have internal WiFi module)
Update for connecting appliances on iOS13
Ratings and Reviews
Good when it works
We have had a new smart washer and dryer for 9 months. When we first setup the app, it would notify me on the phone app when laundry was done. After about 4 months the notifications stopped. I believe the app doesn’t work with recent iOS updates, but it has been 5 months with no fix from the app developer. We have reported the problem 5 months ago.
Once they fix the app so notifications start working I would rate the app higher.
I can still use the app with remote control. Notifications when completed is the most useful to us.
New Update. 1 year in the making
The new update resolved the issue I was having with the control, usage and guide tabs.
Haven’t done a load of laundry yet to check on the notifications, but happy to see an update after a year of waiting.
Control is a bit lacking, but allows me to put clothes into the washer, set the APP delay, and start it on my way home from work. The only thing I can think of using the control for is this exact scenario. Otherwise, it is just a simple “hey, is my laundry done?” checker.
I would love this app even more if I could select the settings and change the settings and remotely CONTROL my washing machine, vs just being able to actually start it AFTER starting it on my machine. I’m really not sure how helpful being able to delay the start time is when the washer is billed as able to be controlled from the phone. The advertising is very misleading. This technology is in need of an upgrade.
That being said, I do enjoy the app. I just wish it did more.
- HAIER US APPLIANCE SOLUTIONS, INC
- 55 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © General Electric Company
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.