GearUp will help you maintain the inventory of all the gear your own. It lets you organize your items in collections, categories, locations and/or assign one or more custom tags to each item. It helps you add photos, videos, receipts, manuals, contracts and any other document related to your items. Create and manage multiple packing lists for any type of trip you make.
Add all necessary information related to each item: name, weight, description, year, brand, model, serial number, purchase price, annual depreciation rate, warranty etc.
Assign each item to your custom location, category, and collection. Add one or more custom tags to organize your items into multiple categories.
Add multiple photos, videos, manuals or other documents to each item. Display all documents in a photo album that lets you filter and organize by multiple criteria. Add photos and documents from your file system of one of your media libraries (Photos, iPhoto or Photo Booth).
Easily create reusable packing lists. Print check-mark ready packing list reports.
Track what items you loaned to whom and when. Create reports on loaned items.
Log anything relevant to your items.
Schedule one-time or recurring events related to each item. Optionally, add events to your Mac's notification center. Schedule annual maintenance tasks, warranty expiry etc. All scheduled events will show up on the application's dashboard.
Create multiple reports. Use location, category, collection, and tag filtering to make reports that fit your needs. Create reports as PDF files that you can easily view, print, save or email directly from the application. Create Item List, Summary, Comprehensive, Warranty, Packing or Photo album reports.
BACKUP AND RESTORE
All information is kept on your local computer but keeping your gear inventory information off-site is always a good idea. The application lets you backup all your information to a single compressed file that can easily be stored to your cloud storage of choice (iCloud, Dropbox, OneDrive, …).
The application lets you create periodic value logs (usually on annual basis) for all the items that you have marked for tracking. Automatically apply suggested depreciation rates. See a history and display charts for your value logs.
CUSTOM INVENTORY ITEM FIELDS
If you miss a property in your inventory item, define your own (up to 2 numerical and 2 text custom fields).
• Name, description, serial number, make, model, year, warranty information, etc.
• Item's property location, category, collection, and multiple tags.
• Purchase price, annual depreciation rate.
• Item loan records, journals, and events
• Contact manager, see all items someone borrowed from you.
• Multiple photos, videos or any other type of electronic document assigned to any item.
• Track item values, display value history in a chart – filter chart data by multiple criteria.
• Item values distribution pie chart – clearly see your most valuable items. Print or copy to a clipboard any of displayed charts.
• Dashboard overview of your inventory value, charts, upcoming events, soon to expire warranties and list of borrowed items.
• Multiple reports (item list, packing list, summary, comprehensive, warranty, photo album, loaned items).
• Easy to use and consistent user interface.
Added an option to hide item purchase price and date in case the item's purchase price is $0 (application settings)
Added total weight information in the packing list and tag views.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Honesty and Sincerity
I had some initial problems with this program, the likes of which caused it to repeatedly crash and deem all information unsalvageable. The developer reached out to me and asked for details of which I provided. They promised to resolve the issue and true to their word, they did. This program has potential and for the sincerity of our correspondence alone, they have earned a 5 star rating from me. Keep up the great work.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.