This mountain is rich in mystic gems. Combine gems to open up new rooms, providing new ways to dig up gems. Race against other players or race together against the clock to dig the greatest mine in this fast-paced, easy-to-learn strategy game.
- Leverage more than 60 room abilities
- 20 unique player skills adorned with dwarven poetry
- Competitive, cooperative, and solitaire game modes (1-7 players)
- Online and pass-and-play multiplayer options
- Cross-platform multiplayer (mobile and PC)
- Play a quick game and watch the action unfold, or play an asynchronous game where you only need to take one turn per day
- 3 levels of AI to play with or against
- Faithful adaptation of the Gem Rush board game, programmed by the designer
REVIEWS OF THE BOARD GAME (first edition)
"The gameplay is great, I think it's a super fun game...This is a great tile-laying exploration game, one that I would very much recommend..."
Zee Garcia - The Dice Tower
"It's a nice little filler game...it's all about optimizing your turns, making sure you're in a position where you can maximize your options depending on which cards you're going to draw."
Ricky Royal - Box of Delights
"A simple, light game...the gives me enough to think about and keep me engaged. I personally like the fact that the game feeds me constantly new problems to solve."
HOW TO PLAY
On your turn, move up to 3 steps in the mine, then do one action.
Building rooms is the main way to score points! If you move into a room that doesn't exist yet, you have to build it. Spend cards from your hand that include all the gems on the door you're building. (Most cards have 2 gems, and can be spent as either or both!) Choose the rotation of the new room and add it to the mine.
For your action, use a room's special ability to draw more gem cards. Different rooms have different rules for drawing cards, so choosing the right room for your situation is key! (If you can't find a useful room, you can always draw a single card instead.)
At the start of your next turn, if you have more than 4 cards, you'll have to discard down to 4.
In Rush Mode, the players race against each other. Have the most points at the end of the round when anyone reaches the point target.
In Crisis Mode, the players race against the clock. You'll be forced to "burn" cards from the deck every turn, removing them from the game. Reach the target score before the cards are all gone!
- New replays let you re-watch prior events in your current game and catch up on what happened while you were gone
- Invite friends to private games using lobby codes
- Offline games are automatically saved and can be resumed later
- Automatic gem counts when viewing discard pile
- Bug fix for Improvisation skill
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This a a well-made, good-looking, fun game and app! At its heart, Gem Rush is a fairly straightforward tile laying game where each tile has certain costs, point rewards, and special actions. The game can be played competitively or cooperatively and deserves more exposure than it seems to have at this point. I’m looking forward to getting my friends interested and playing along.
I like it but...
I like the solo play. Fun time killer but the online play is non existent. I can start an online game and leave it sit waiting for others to join, but since you can’t search for other online games there is no way to join someone’s game. Maybe I am the only one attempting online play? Doubtful...
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Quicksilver Software, Inc.
- 207.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2018-2019 Quicksilver Software, Inc. Based on the board game and rules for Gem Rush (second edition), Copyright 2013, 2018 Jeremy Lennert and Victory Point Games LLC.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.