gemBase is an iPhone database app. It has the most different gemstones than any other apps and with detail information of each 290 gem materials. It is simple to use yet with vast amount of detail information and specially design for gemology student, jewelry sales, jewelry working professional and even gemologists.
The gemBase app has several different functions and features like:
- Gemstone search
- Gemstone database
- Gemstone weight estimator
- Gemstone glossary
- Nearly 290 different gemstones
- Detail information/ property of each gemstone
With the search function, the user can search specific information about any gems by their variety, specie, trade name, miscalled name or group of the gemstone where they belong to. Other than that, the user can also perform property search like RI, SG, pleochorism or UV response etc.
The gemBase app's database has included about 290 different gemstones and each gemstone also comes with a detail page with all the necessary information.
Another useful function of the app is a handy stone weight estimator. Once the user input the dimension of the stone, the app can return with a very accurate weight estimation.
The last function is the gemstone glossary. For people study gemology, this comes with lots of useful gemstone term information.
1) The name 'gemBase' has changed to 'gemBase Pro'.
2) Front page menu listing has changed from text to icon.
3) Sorting feature has added to the database function. (credit to Prof. Paul Weisbroat of FIT gemology dept.)
4) gemBase is optimized for use with iPhone, not really for iPad or other device. We'll try to better adapt iPad in the future.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.