Genesis is a story generator for writers, designers and creators of all types, specializing in automatically creating worlds, settings, and story elements from a huge database.
Use our powerful generator to create literally quadrillions of characters, creatures, weapons and locations! With generator topics from sci-fi to fantasy to space, we've got you covered no matter what project you’re working. A simple tap of the button will re-generate a new result, so you'll never be out of ideas again!
Create Your Own Solar System
- No one does world building bigger or faster than Genesis. With the power of random generation, you can make anything from the biggest galaxy down to the smallest diseases.
Instantly Craft Weapons, Towns or Entire Civilizations
- Use Genesis to instantly flesh out your worlds. Building new lore is as simple as tapping a button. Now you can instantly create characters, technologies, magical artifacts, religions, and much more.
Develop Your Creations with Multiple Characteristics
- Each monster, planet, unit, culture, etc. that you create comes pre-equipped with specific information such as name, life type, orbit for solar systems, deployment type for army units, and much more. Anything you need to build your story is pre-included, and changes with each tap of the finger.
Unlock Even More Options
- Genesis lets you create your very own planets and solar systems by default. Use our bundles to unlock even more creative potential, including Air Force Units, Alien Creatures, Castles & Keeps, Diseases, Fantasy Cultures, Pirate Ships, Religions, Starships, and much, much more.
Save and Share Your Creations
- Once you’ve created something in the maker, it’s easy to save your work for later reference or share it with friends – totally free!
Perfect for RPG Developers and Dungeon Masters
- Whether you’re looking to bring life to your next tabletop session, write up a compelling new tale or create your own game, Genesis has the powerful tools to make it happen.
With Genesis, characters, worlds and entire galaxies spring to life with just the tap of a button. Try it FREE today and create your story!
And be sure to check out Characterize, the character generator, available now on the App Store!
Completely rebuilt the UI from the ground up, for better performance and maintainability.
Ratings and Reviews
Extraordinarily useful, but....
I used to have this app on my old phone, and it worked percectly. I could save things, get back to them, and they didn’t ever dissappear. But, when I got it on my new phone, I couldn’t save anything, it had things already saved, and I can’t delete them. I’ve tried re-installing multiple times, but that doesn’t fix the problem.
Not worth giving away for free
Look, I don’t write a lot of reviews for apps, but this one just needed it. There are a lot of 5 star reviews for this app and I really cannot fathom how. Seriously, how?!
First off, you get two generators for free, all others must be bought, and it seems like the price has dropped over the years based on the older reviews. However, the generators don’t have much thought put into them, every single one is basic and weak. If you’re a hobby type person, this might give some inspiration to get you going, but even that’s not much. Granted, it gives a good amount of info for thought when generating, but beyond that, there are better generators out there for free.
Take, for instance, the fantasy creature generator. The other details on it maybe of some use, not all, but some, when generating something. The names it generates? Completely useless. Most of them are just random words thrown together, everyday words. Which again, might be fine for the hobbyist, but even that’s a stretch. A lot of the names make no sense because they are words thrown together, and when they aren’t actual words, they are jumbled of crap you can’t hardly pronounce and seem based on nothing. Just not worth it, I’m sorry
This made me sad
I’m giving it 2 stars because I really like the concept, but otherwise it was immediately disappointing... Initially I got this simply hoping to have found an easier way other than the apples default “Notes” app to store and work on a world for a game idea because as it grew, the various lore, characters, locations, creatures, items etc quickly snowballed. I decided to check out the “character names” and it opened elsewhere telling me to download a pack; I’m sure I’m nitpicking on this detail but I wasn't a fan.
Most annoying though, was creating a custom- it felt as though the devs got bored halfway through and never finished this function... there is either no way, or no easily accessible way, to edit or even delete content. Literally the ONLY thing you can edit is the rows content (not the name, not the rows existence, positioning)... I’m going to look for a writing app now.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Alexander Winn
- 121.8 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2015, Alexander Winn.
- In-App Purchases
- All Generators $15.99
- All Genesis Generators $11.99
- Fantasy Bundle $4.99
- Countries & Nations $0.99
- Continents & Islands Generator $0.99
- Medieval Towns Generator $0.99
- Worldbuilding Bundle $5.99
- Religions Generator $0.99
- Wars Generator $0.99
- Fantasy Creatures Generator $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.