PREMIUM OFFLINE GPS NAVIGATION WITH FREE MAPS AND POI
Genius Maps is a free application that installs on your iPhone and iPad. It's an offline route planning, exploration and navigation app that doesn't require a mobile internet connection to search and navigate. All the maps are stored on your device, so there are no roaming costs and your battery lasts longer.
Genius Maps offers a free 7 day trial with fully-functional Pro Guidance and Live Traffic that can be activated at any time. Choose to upgrade to Pro Guidance during or after the trial or continue using the free professional-grade maps for planning routes and exploring with the pedestrian navigation at no cost.
GENIUS MAPS IMPROVES HOW WE NAVIGATE OUR PLANET'S ROADS WITH OUR SMART DEVICES.
PROFESSIONAL NAVIGATION MAPS CAN BE DOWNLOADED FREELY, REMOVED AND REDOWNLOADED AS OFTEN AS YOU WANT EVEN AFTER COMPLETING THE TRIAL.
GENIUS MAPS' RICH FEATURE SET EQUALS AND EXCEEDS THOSE OF PROFESSIONAL NAVIGATION SYSTEMS.
PRO GUIDANCE enables turn-by-turn voice instructions in your language, automatic rerouting, speed limit alerts, POI along the route and unlimited map updates for a selected region.
LIVE TRAFFIC lets you know about congestion, road works and accidents and reroutes your trip automatically. Instantly view realtime traffic info and adjusted travel times on multiple saved routes. Live traffic requires an active internet connection.
VEHICLE CONNECTIVITY allows you to connect Genius Maps to your car's infotainment system.
SAFETY CAMERAS informs you about approaching safety camera locations so you can be more alert to your surroundings and drive safer.
Pro Guidance, Live Traffic, Vehicle Connectivity and Safety Cameras are paid options with a lifetime license for the selected region.
Check under Settings in the app for pricing and availability of Pro Guidance and Live Traffic. Go to Manage Maps and select a country to check the availability of Safety Cameras.
Unlimited map updates for PRO GUIDANCE users are available without additional charge and for as long as the product is supported. Coverage and feature support in the map will continue to match the original version, as long as the original is commercially available.
Lifetime license refers to useful life of the device and means the period of time that Mireo continues to support the app with updates.
Full coverage (including Russia and Turkey)
United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands
Argentina, Bahamas, Brazil, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Barthélemy, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela
Algeria, Angola, Bahrain, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Côte d’Ivoire, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Ghana, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Lebanon, Lesotho, Libya, Malawi, Mayotte, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Oman, Qatar, Republic of the Congo, Réunion, Saint Helena, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, UAE, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Australia, Brunei, Hong Kong SAR China, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, New Zealand, Singapore, Philippines, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam
Genius Maps Puts The World in Your Pocket!
Note: Continued use of any GPS application running in the background can significantly decrease battery life. We strongly suggest using a charger while using the app in your car.
Support Email: email@example.com
Improved POI search and display.
Voice destination entry and lane info now available on CarPlay
We've updated the maps.
Ratings and Reviews
Most GPS devices have greatly improved the voice problem. Genius Maps is so new but so backwards. I see that I need to turn onto “whatever Dr” but what I hear is “whatever doctor” Needs a LOT of improvements to get up to speed. NEW - It’s been updated, now I hear “whatever Dee Are”. Also I see gas stations on the map, but what about the restaurants and hotels and shops and schools etc. Also it would be nice to set the alerts and not have to set them every time I use the app. I don’t need to hear that I’m going over the speed limit. I don’t need to be told there are gas stations close by ever second. It would be nice to turn them off and not have to keep turning them off every time I use the app.
Need default settings
1. Map locks up near the end of a trip & will not reset (turn bike off, close app, start over). Getting to a destination is hard without any directions.
2. Need default settings for voice. I want it off always but I have to turn it off every time I stop the bike on a trip. It’s frustrating to go into settings over and over again. When in a hurry, I forget & the voice interferes with my music & conversation on Sena - it’s a 3rd activity, too much.
3. Need a default setting for voice chosen. My husband cannot hear the female voices & chooses a male voice on his phone but again had to choose it every stop along the way because it doesn’t save.
4. Announcements lock up the program even more than the above comment, like amber alerts. I am on a motorcycle & can’t use my phone or write down a license plate number. I want the announcements off. I can’t do anything to be a part of the solution so I don’t need my map locked up over it.
5. Sometimes genius maps just loads as soon as I turn on the bike if I have the app open, others it asks for permission. In both cases, I didn’t do anything different. Why?
Not too bad but quirky
Needs some polish: 1) the app shows random “message of the day” advertising things even though I’ve already bought into the app. Would be great if there could be an option to disable it. 2) after recent update, the speed, safety camera, and petrol station alerts re-enable themselves even after I explicitly disable them. This is very annoying!
- Mireo d.d.
- 69.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Mireo
- In-App Purchases
- North America NAVTEQ Navigation 2013.9 v.1 $39.99
- North America Mireo Car Connectivity 2016.7 v.1 $44.99
- North America NAVTEQ Live Traffic 2015.12 v.1 $12.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.