GCBuddy is the perfect tool for the serious geocacher when solving multi-caches. With this application you can record all found values for A...Z and use them to automatically calculate new waypoint coordinates. The final cache coordinates are also calculated as soon as all required puzzles have been solved and entered. You can also record the exact spot where you parked your car or bike, so you can find it back after caching.
FIRST LOOK: To get an idea of the functionality, read the Quick Start Guide on the gcbuddy.com website.
List of possibilities:
- Management of multiple caches in a list of downloaded caches
- Download from geocaching.com, opencache.uk and other opencaching sites
- Prepare a multi-cache at home, also possible on your PC or Mac using a simple web interface.
- All images in the description are downloaded: paperless caching!
- Navigate to the parking place
- Enter answers to questions at each waypoint
* Common text calculations like word value
* Stack counting
* Convert roman numbers
- Change the value of an answer and immediately see the effect on a map with waypoints
- Waypoints are automatically calculated using the values for A...Z
- Location of the final cache is also calculated automatically in this way
- Built-in compass/map for navigation to the next waypoint
- Overview map with all waypoints
- Warning by vibration or sound when you are near the waypoint
- Accurately record data at a waypoint with your camera.
- Album for each cache with the possibility to view the pictures with the ultra zoom photo viewer.
- Notes can be entered before or during the cache
- Log directly on geocaching.com after the find if you wish
- Find your way back to the car park
- Send an e-mail with all the information of a cache as backup or to a friend
- Write with one click all cache information in the (online) personal cache note
- Restore a cache from a backup e-mail
- Protect a cache against changes
- Backup/Restore via iCloud
Problems/questions/feedback please send an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) so I can answer quickly.
Improved support for Organic Maps (a non-tracking alternative for maps.me) as external offline map app
Ratings and Reviews
Very simple app
I bought this app for my wife & myself at the referral of iGeocacher. I have since started using Geosphere, and do miss some of it's features that were integrated with iGeocacher fairly well. But it is somewhat clumsy & could use a facelift. We still use it on occassion but tend to find ways to use the functionality in Geosphere to satisfy our Geocaching needs. Good start, and we look forward to seeing how GCBuddy progresses.
Good application for Puzzle Caches
I delayed buying this app until I saw that there would be integration with iGeoCacher and decided to purchase it to see how the integration worked. What I found was that it really makes doing the puzzle caches easier where you solve for different parts of the final coordinates. I was delighted to see a custom keyboard for entering the information. I think details like the custom keyboard reflect the care and forethought put into this application. I recommend this app and look forward to more integration with iGeoCacher in the future.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- WA Verhoef
- 38 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Dutch, German
- Age Rating
- © 2008-2021, BtStSoft
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.