The ultimate tool for the serious geocacher when solving multi-caches, powered by Geocaching Live. This buddy app will remember every clue found and will calculate any derived clue or new waypoint for you. Waypoints can be formulas or projections. These and the final cache formula will be evaluated the moment all clues are found and entered. The app can record your parking spot so you'll be able to return to your car after finding the cache.
SEE BEFORE YOU BUY: To get a better idea of the functionality, read the Quick Start Guide at the support website www.gcbuddy.com
- Manage a list of caches
- Add caches from geocaching.com, opencaching.de, .pl, .us, .nl, .ro or .org.uk
- Prepare a multi-cache at home on the device or using the web interface
- All images embedded in the local description are preloaded: paperless caching!
- Navigate to the parking location
- Enter answers to questions posed at a waypoint
* convert text to value
* Stack counting
* Roman numerals
* See effect of value changes on the map
- Auto-calculate new waypoints using these answers
- Auto-calculate the cache location using all answers found
- In-app compass when navigating to the next waypoint or cache
- In-app Openstreetmap waypoint overview
- Show a waypoint on an external map app
- Vibration / sound alert when within a certain distance of a waypoint
- Document the waypoints with your camera
- Photo album for each individual geocache + ultrazoom photo viewer
- Photo's can be sent by e-mail
- Make notes before or while caching
- Post a log and optional photo on geocaching.com
- Find your way back to the parking
- Backup all information entered for this cache by e-mail
- Write all cache info in the personal cache note editor
- Restore / transfer cache info from backup e-mail
- Write protect a cache in the list of caches
In case of problems, feel free to mail me so I can help you. That is better than writing a 1 star review since I cannot respond to that.
- Clipboard format is now compatible with Cachly
- Notes now also added to personal cache note
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Very simple app
I bought this app for my wife & myself at the referral of iGeocacher. I have since started using Geosphere, and do miss some of it's features that were integrated with iGeocacher fairly well. But it is somewhat clumsy & could use a facelift. We still use it on occassion but tend to find ways to use the functionality in Geosphere to satisfy our Geocaching needs. Good start, and we look forward to seeing how GCBuddy progresses.
Good application for Puzzle Caches
I delayed buying this app until I saw that there would be integration with iGeoCacher and decided to purchase it to see how the integration worked. What I found was that it really makes doing the puzzle caches easier where you solve for different parts of the final coordinates. I was delighted to see a custom keyboard for entering the information. I think details like the custom keyboard reflect the care and forethought put into this application. I recommend this app and look forward to more integration with iGeoCacher in the future.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.