Geocaching is a worldwide game of hiding and seeking treasure.
A multi-cache involves two or more locations. Clues guide the geocacher from location to location. Sometimes these clues involve a puzzle, some calculations (e.g. on text or using roman numbers) or projecting a new waypoint using distances and bearings. Sometimes the calculations are easy, but this toolkit can help when calculations become tedious while out there in the field.
This geocaching toolkit can help you using the following features:
- Conversion of degrees, minutes and seconds to other formats
- Conversion between WGS84 and UTM coordinates
- For my Dutch friends the RD coordinates are included
- Also the Swiss grid is supported
- Show the entered Latitude/Longitude using the iPhone map application
- Project a waypoint by specifying distance and bearing
- Calculate distance and bearing between two waypoints
- Intersect two lines using two waypoints and bearings
- Intersect two circles using two waypoints and distances
- Calculate the sum of the character values in one or more words
- Choose between a=1, b=2 etc., the inverse a=26, b=25 etc. or the phonepad abc=2, def=3 etc.
- Also calculate the sum of all digits of the result
- Repeat summation of digits until 1 digit remains
- Decrypt encrypted hint text to plain text
- Convert between roman numbers and decimal values and vice versa
- On iOS14 the special keyboards did not work, fixed
- Clipboard format more compatible with Cachly
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It does what it says it will, but it would be nice for it to tell you the bearing and distance to the coordinates you enter from your current location as your on the move not just from a starting point.
Super simple to get bearings and distances. Have had this for a little while and haven’t explored the other features, but it’s worth it to me just for the simple projection capability.
Excellent GPS App
Has many of the features that geocachers want in the field. Very easy to use.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.