With Geometry Pad you can create fundamental geometric shapes, explore and change their properties, and calculate metrics. The shapes are displayed on a scrollable and zoomable workbook with a rectangular coordinate system.
The following tools are built into the application:
- Point, angle, line, ray, segment, perpendicular bisector, tangent, triangle, quadrilateral, polygon, regular polygon, arc, sector, circle, ellipse, parabola, hyperbola.
- Tools to create medians, altitudes and bisectors in a triangle.
- Tools to create special triangles and quadrilaterals: right, isosceles, equilateral, square, rectangle, parallelogram and rhombus.
- Two additional ways to create an ellipse: by center, end of a major axis, and a point on the ellipse; by focus points, and a point on the ellipse.
- Compass tool to plot arcs with an easily adjustable center and radius.
- Pencil tool to draw freehand annotations.
- Text annotations and labels with mixed-in metrics such as length, angle, perimeter, equation, etc.
- Transformation tools: rotation, reflection, enlargement, translation.
- Create lines and triangles with predefined parameters such as equation of a line, and angles or sides of a triangle.
- Insert images into the document.
Each shape has a set of customizable properties such as color, width, background, etc. Shape metrics are automatically calculated and presented along with shape properties. Some of them are editable such as point location, line length, circe radius, etc.
Snapping is deeply integrated into the application. Snap-to-grid and snap-to-objects allow for precise constructions. Additionally, lines can snap to parallel, perpendicular and tangent lines. Snapping can be easily turned on/off in the quick snapping settings window.
Documents can be saved to your device, iCloud or to Dropbox. Export formats include PDF and image.
Your suggestions are welcomed and appreciated. Just select Feedback under the app menu and write us an e-mail.
iOS 12 compatibility
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Can't create a transversal
Ive spent an hour trying to create a transversal to two parallel lines and have had no luck. I cannot create intersecting points or label points as intersections. These pretty basic features should be easily handled and they are not. Seems not very intuitive. When I create a point on the line, then go to draw a line though that point, it keeps creating a second point! Not useful.
I also paid $3 for the premium features and they are not helping either.
I am not pleased.
Buy it without fail
GeoGebra is powerful, free, international software that does an enormous amount of mathematics. It is slowly making its way to the IPad. In the meantime, if you spend 3.99, you can begin to do some significant geometry today. You can email the results or just save them as photos. You can do some really elaborate constructions and make measurements on the resulting figures.
Do yourself a favor if you are studying, teaching, or just enjoying geometry- buy this app!
Geometry Pad is a superior app for making detailed sketches, and measurements. It can be used to solve geometry problems effectively.
Really very well done
I am using geometry pad to teach an adult course in geometric constructions as used in the construction of gothic architecture and tiling patterns as developed by the Islamic world. The more I've used it the more impressed I've become. It's a delight to use! The compass tool is particularly clever. Geometric constructions were what first deeply attracted me to mathematics and even played a role in my doctoral thesis. I can see how this app could similarly inspire students. It should be in every secondary math classroom.
- Bytes Arithmetic LLC
- 37.7 MB
Requires iOS 12.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Bytes Arithmetic LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Features Pack $6.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.