Love this app? Check out the book that inspired it: The World of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin, Elio M. Garcia, Jr., and Linda Antonsson.
Get the ONLY OFFICIAL A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE / A GAME OF THRONES APP from George R.R. Martin: Hundreds of detailed character bios, interactive maps, and anti-spoiler protection!
A WORLD OF ICE AND FIRE is the first official app guide to George R. R. Martin’s bestselling series. Whether you’re reading the books or watching the television series, you’ll want this definitive companion with profiles of 600+ characters, 550+ places, major houses, religions, groups, creatures, and things, as well as interactive versions of the official world maps.
The app comes with plenty of features you won’t find anywhere else:
- Anti-spoiler functionality that you can customize based on where you are in the book cycle to prevent you from seeing spoilers
- Track your favorite characters on the Journeys map as they travel through Westeros and the Known World
- Completely new text written specially for this app by Elio M. García, Jr. and Linda Antonsson of Westeros.org – the premier fan site for the A Song of Ice and Fire cycle
A WORLD OF ICE AND FIRE includes over a thousand pages of information, making it the definitive guide to the series:
- 600+ character profiles with detailed historical bios, family and house information, book appearances, and corresponding actor roles
- 550+ place profiles with descriptions for castles, towns, regions, geographical features and more
- Profiles for Houses, Religions, Groups, Creatures, and Things.
- Fully interactive versions of all the official maps from the A Song of Ice and Fire Cycle, including the Known World Map and the new Journeys Map
- Gorgeous artwork depicting key characters and important places from within the world
Test drive the app for free and get 8 POV characters from A Game of Thrones and an interactive map of Westeros as well as all the content from A KNIGHT OF THE SEVEN KINGDOMS. Buy one InfoPack for each book – or buy all 5 at once and save a dollar. Get all-new information for free every time an InfoPack is updated.
Bug fixes and performance updates.
Ratings and Reviews
FAVORITE APP EVER!!
Even for the most casual of fans, (whether of the T.V. Show, OR the books) this app is like a digital archive of George R.R. Martins’ actual mind itself! The map brings the entire “World of Ice & Fire” to life, & makes it feel more like an actual historical event, rather than just simply the imagination of a great author. It draws you into the world that he’s created almost as realistically as opening the front door of your Home brings you into the real world.
Then there’s the biographies & summation that provide SO MUCH context, as well as left out material from the show, that it truly does help you to better understand, relate, & enjoy the characters (known & unknown alike)
Bottom line, of you like Game of Thrones I was OR the books... PURCHASE THIS APP!!!
P.S. To the creators of this app... PLEASE UPDATE!!! Add more locations, myths, & histories. I would buy even the smallest of in-app purchases that you release, so PLZ DO SO
I’m conflicted on this app
I’m still not sure if paying for the app was worth it. It’s very neat that you can follow characters through their quests in the book but many times when I don’t know who a character is and I look them up they’re not even listed. It’s annoying. It’s not even people that are mentioned once and never again. I’m currently reading book two and Arya is reciting her names and I didn’t remember some of the people she mentioned so I looked them up but they’re not listed. And it’s not just one it’s several that aren’t listed. Ser Amory, Dunsen, when I was in book 1 there was another character I didn’t recognize and he too was not listed, I don’t remember his name now but it was knight. It’s also pretty buggy, sometimes after finding a name after clicking on it the app will just bug out and freeze as it’s loading the information. When this happens a reset won’t even fix the issue it’s hard to tell when the app will decide to work and when it won’t. When it does work or when the information IS listed it’s great though. Detailed and concise. However there’s blue links on sheets sometimes that work as links to other pages and they don’t always work. It needs work
EDIT: They fixed everything mentioned below! The developers really read and take into consideration these reviews. Thus, it now goes from a 4 to a 5 star app for me! ________
This is an amazing app!!! The only reason it doesn’t get a 5 star for me is the problem of zooming in and selecting of a specific town or geographical body. Once you select a town/geographical body for more information- you cannot simply back up to where you at on the map before selecting said item. You must find the entire region (Westeros, Essos, etc.) again and zoom back in (which takes some time because it is a very excellent, extensive, and large map). However, that is only one small correction. If you are a ASOIAF or Game of Thrones fan- this is “must have” and very helpful! Thank you for making this wonderful app!!!
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your feedback! We have fixed this bug. Please download our latest app update (3.0).
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Penguin Random House LLC NY
- 403 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Copyright © 2014 George R. R. Martin
- In-App Purchases
- A World of Ice and Fire - Five Novel InfoPack $4.99
- A World of Ice and Fire - A Game of Thrones InfoPack $1.99
- A World of Ice and Fire - A Clash of Kings InfoPack $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.