Professional geotagging solution - all you need to geotag photos taken by your EXTERNAL camera (DSLR, mirrorless or compact one). Supports JPG & RAW photos. Great for use with Lightroom, Aperture, Picasa and other photo apps that supports geotagged photos.
Try 3 trips for free and then unlock the full app for a one time fee.
PRAISED BY INDUSTRY EXPERTS
- Geotagging App of the Year by Macworld
- Repeatedly recommended by leading Adobe Lightroom professionals
- Recommended in many great books such as Lightroom 4 UnMasked,
- Lightroom 4 the missing FAQ, Lightroom 4 Roadmap for photographers,
- Praised by leading photography magazines and websites all over the world (Techradar, Ephotozine, Fotomaf, Xatakafoto, Lightroom Secrets, Digital-Fotografie, Pixelmania.nl, Photoplus...)
- Complete solution - mobile app records your position while you’re taking great photos and a desktop app that geotags your images using recorded data.
- Flawless Lightroom Compatibility - GPX files from the app work flawlessly inside Lightroom’s Map module for geotagging
- Dropbox, iCloud Drive and Google Drive support - automatically export all your trips as GPX files
- Smart watch app - dedicated app for Apple Watch and Pebble to control app from your wrist
- Automatic trip upload - the app automatically sync all your trips ( you can switch to manual uploads in settings)
- Battery usage optimised for whole day of geotagging.
- Choose the logging interval and accuracy for whatever you need.
- Organised trips history
- Statistics of your trips
- Export to GPX
FREE DESKTOP GEOTAGGING APP
Adds GPS location to your your JPG or RAW photos quickly and easily! Works both online and offline and there are version for any operating system - Mac OS X, Windows and even Linux
Supported image formats: jpg, nef, cr2, crw, dcr, ciff, erf, orf, k25, kdc, mef, mrw, nrw, pef, raf, tif, tiff, raw, arw, rw2, srf, sr2, srw, x3f, dng
Visit our website for more info
Please send us your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org. We love to implement new features based on your ideas!
We fixed various bugs and made some improvements in this version.
Thank you for using Geotag Photos Pro!
Ratings and Reviews
I don’t usually write reviews for apps but this one deserves the extra effort. This app is about as perfect as an app gets. It does exactly what is needed in a clean, easy to understand, and use, interface. I love the free desktop app too. If you are like me and simply want to add geotag info to your photos with virtually any digital camera, the ability to use the data elsewhere easily, and have the basic stats and a view of it on a map at the end of your journey, this is the app for you. Just enough features and options. I couldn’t be happier with it.
Developer Response ,
Hi, thank you so much for your amazing and kind feedback! 😊We're very happy that our app is helpful for you.
Pretty good overall
After my previous geotagging apps were put out to pasture by their developers, I made the jump to this one. And it’s been pretty good for the most part. The UI is nice, I can get the GPX files out if it without connecting it to a cloud account somewhere, and it seems to be fairly accurate.
So what don’t I like about it? The app doesn’t record position updates except in 10 yard intervals. So, you can set it to log “continuously”, and as long as you keep moving, it will dutifully log your trek, 10 yards at a time. However if you stop somewhere, it’s not going to log anything until you move again. This is a bit annoying, at least for me. I’d much rather see a continuous setting that is actually continuous, or at least the ability to turn off the distance interval.
Being a photographer, I need this functionality very often. So glad this app exists, it’s integration with the entire Apple ecosystem is marvelous, you never have to download, airdrop, sync up anything at all: phone app uploads the track to the cloud automatically and likewise MacOS app takes it from there. So automagical for the user. Developers, keep up the great work!
Developer Response ,
Hi, Karsten, thank you so much! :) We're happy to hear that our app is helpful for you and that you like it! :)
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- TappyTaps s.r.o.
- 142.9 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © TappyTaps s.r.o.
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock unlimited trips $11.99
- Upgrade from Geotag Photos Pro 1 $7.99
- Upgrade from Geotag Photos Pro lite $8.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.