The #1 German Dictionary & Translator for iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch ◇ Offline Dictionary with over 647,000 Entries ◇ Phrase Translator ◇ Comprehensive Phrasebook ◇ Verb Conjugator ◇ Vocabulary Quizzes ◇ Flashcards ◇ Offline Audio Pronunciation ◇ iPad Enhancements ◇ Apple Watch Support
Selected by Apple as "What's Hot" in over 40 countries.
“This app packs an undeniable allure for travelers.” - iPhone App Review
“Superb Dictionary! I live and work in Germany and speak the language well, but I still need a dictionary at times. This app is constantly with me on my iPod and is a superb piece of work... Highly recommended!”
“Has replaced my dictionary! This dictionary is so extensive and fast that we went on our trip without a dictionary or phrasebook.”
“Conjugations & More. This is one ‘Smart’ App for on the go study as well, don't leave home without it, worth every cent!”
“The Only German English Dictionary You'll Need. It's great for quick word look up and translation. But it's also a companion for learning the language.”
“Brilliant App. This app is a wonderful tool for both casual tourists and students of German alike.”
German Translator & Dictionary + by VidaLingua transforms your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch into an advanced language assistant, always ready to help. German Dictionary & Translator + includes everything you need in one app and features you won’t find anywhere else such as adding notes, images & audio clips to dictionary entries. Advanced features and extensive content make VidaLingua the most comprehensive German English Translator & Dictionary for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Download German Translator & Dictionary + now and start learning German or English today!
- German English Dictionary with over 647,000 offline entries.
- Includes translations, usage examples, parts-of-speech and gender of German nouns.
- Compiled and updated by professional linguists.
- Sentence Translator with Favorites and offline viewing.
- Online images for thousands of dictionary entries, tap icon to display.
- Phrasebook with 20 categories such as Conversation, Asking Directions and Making Friends.
- Conjugations of 6,648 German & English verbs.
- Multiple-choice vocabulary quizzes.
- Offline, text-to-speech pronunciation in German & English.
- Audio settings for speed and accent (US, UK, Australia, South Africa, Ireland).
- Single index search for fast lookups in German or English.
- Reverse lookup of words found in translations.
- Online lookup of additional information with IAP.
- Lookup History.
- Add your own phrases to the phrasebook.
- Email dictionary entries to friends.
- Numerous enhancements for iPads.
- Add notes and images to dictionary entries.
- Record yourself saying a word and compare it with in-app pronunciation.
Language is living! Only VidaLingua allows you to add notes, images, phrases and audio to create an engaging travel companion.
Comments & questions are welcome.
VidaLingua, bringing language apps to life! ©
Added thousands of words and examples to the dictionary.
Fixed Restore Purchases for premium users.
Eliminated encoding problems with special characters.
Implemented gender abbreviations (m, f, n) for nouns in the dictionary lookup list.
Added gender (masculine, feminine, neuter) to dictionary headword screens.
Implemented 3 easter eggs in the dictionary. Hints below.
• What happens when you shout into a canyon.
• What happens when you are embarrassed.
• When things become unclear.
Improvements to Apple Watch version.
Enhancements to screen layouts and help text.
If you have issues with this version, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you appreciate free updates, please rate our app favorably in the App Store.
Ratings and Reviews
Quality App for German Learners
I am a retired high school language teacher. I still tutor a few students and I try to find tools that younger people will use without having to twist their arm. iPhone apps are an obvious choice.
This app is one of my favorites. Every student needs a good dictionary even if they have lesson type apps like Duolingo or Rosetta Stone. It has a good breadth of vocabulary and has more slang terms than other apps I have tried. After students master the basics, learning slang is a big motivator so they can talk like a local.
There is a nice phrase book with hundreds of useful translation for a trip to Germany. You can add phrases too which is great because no app contains everything you need.
I highly recommend this app for language teachers and students.
Developer Response ,
Thanks a lot for your wonderful review! -Liam
Thorough & Easy to Use
I’ve used this app for several trips to Germany and Switzerland- both to prepare for the trip, and once I’m there. I can work on phrases for common situations whenever I have a few free moments, and refer to it overseas when I need help with a sign or menu, or get some help when asking for something. I use it many times a day when in Europe. It is very fast and intuitive. Highly recommend it!
Developer Response ,
Taking German 2 and using it always. Request: more support for plural formation. But this is an indispensable tool. Pronunciation feature is helpful too. Speed is adjustable and the articulations are credible. Thanks!
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for your feedback! Would you want to help us test updates before their release? Kindly email email@example.com for more details. Best, Liam, Customer Success Manager
- Ascendo Inc.
- 41 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Ascendo Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.