German - English Slovoed Deluxe talking dictionary – perfect vocabulary and #1 Dictionary technology in the World combined in one app! Works offline
***App unique functionality and 100 sample entries available for preview before purchase***
• Both language directions: German -> English and English -> German
• Current, up-to-date vocabulary with over 120,445 words, titles, phrases
• 51,189 English audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers
• 20,000 German audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers
Slovoed Deluxe dictionaries are upper-intermediate and advanced level dictionaries with general vocabulary for high school and college students, as well for professionals, working with foreign languages.
Explore the App Intelligence
• Full Text Search looks up a word in the whole dictionary content: headwords, idioms, usage examples
• Anagram Search, e.g. charm – march
• Wildcard Search, unsure of exact word spelling - replace missing letters with “?” or “*” symbols
• Similar Words, in case of misspelling
• Search within articles
Translate words inside and out the app
• iOS Share Support. Highlight the text and send to the app to learn words’ translations
• Clipboard look-up. Copy text while browsing and see dictionary definitions next time you open the app
• Morphology module finds a word translation from any its grammatical inflection
• Hyperlinks between entries
Improve your Language Skills
• Flash Card Quiz to memorize new words and test your knowledge
• Declension and conjugation tables
• Audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers
• Favorites – to quickly access frequently searched words
Convenient Little Somethings
• 3D-Touch – quick access to popular app functions right from the Home screen
• Enhanced customization to modify animated menus, choose background colors
• Synchronize Flash Cards, History or Favorites via iCloud.
• Handy Converter to convert foreign measurements on the go
• Apple Watch support! Look up words and search the dictionary via Siri on your Apple Watch.
• Pinch-to-Zoom. Enlarge/reduce font size for your comfort
• Built-in PenReader – handwriting recognition system
• No Internet connection required
About Paragon Software
Paragon Software is a leading reference app developer. Company's mobile product portfolio includes more than 1500 classic and illustrated electronic dictionaries, encyclopedias, phrase books in the widest combination of over 40 languages, with databases provided by the world’s leading publishing houses, such as Duden, Langenscheidt, Cambridge University Press, Oxford University Press, PONS, Van Dale, VOX, and others.
3D-Touch Support: Access the most important functions right from the Home screen
Pinch-to-Zoom. Enlarge/reduce font size for your comfort
Synchronize Flash Cards, History or Favorites via iCloud
Look up words and search the dictionary via Siri on your Apple Watch.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Outsanding dictionary, if a little pricey
I've used SlovoEd before with my Windows Mobile and bought this as soon as the German-English one was available. It's an outstanding dictionary--huge lexicon, pronunciation (including IPA), part of speech, gender, etc., and even has "Wendungen" (expressions; that is how it's used colloquially). Great for the serious professional or student. It goes far beyond the simple, free "phrase books" on here. The other major DE-EN dictionary in iTunes isn't much cheaper and the price is in line with their Windows offerings (we're just spoiled on here so far with the cheap prices :) ). That said, the only reason I didn't give 5 stars was because it is indeed a little pricey compared to your average app offering on here. All in all, a great dictionary with a simple interface and much easier to lug around than my Harper Collins unabridged :) .
This seems to be a good dictionary, but their business practice is deceiving. The download is free, but when trying to use the dictionary, the function is limited unless one purchases the app for $25.
Other dictionaries advertise the price upfront, which is the right thing to do. I already purchased one but am looking for something better.
I think $25 is more than reasonable, but I won’t purchase it because they’re not forthcoming.
Developer Response ,
Dear Customer! Thank you for your interest in our products. We offer our products as In-App purchases. You can download the dictionary container app to get familiar with the interface and then purchase the dictionary base inside the container.
I had this dictionary on my Palm and really relied on it for my German studies. This edition includes the pronunciations which you had to pay extra for on the Palm edition. However, this edition does not include the utility that allows you to create "flash cards" of words. That's a set back for me, because it was a handy feature so that's why I give this 4 not 5 stars. Otherwise, a good application.
- Paragon Technologie GmbH
- 311 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 and watchOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2018 Paragon Software Group
- In-App Purchases
- German <> English Dictionary $24.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.