With Langenscheidt Professional Dictionaries, you’ll always have a reliable and extensive reference work to hand. Ideal for professional translations at work or college, as well as for travel and everyday use.
Langenscheidt Professional-Wörterbuch Englisch:
• Around 800,000 headwords, expressions and translations
• Translates from and into German (German-English and English-German)
• Up-to-date vocabulary from all general language style levels
• Extensive specialist terminology from all major fields
• Additional information: examples of use, indicators showing distinctions between various meanings, grammar explanations
• A comprehensive reference work for professional translations at the workplace, for teachers and students
• Native iOS 11 support.
• Copy / Paste.
• No Internet connection necessary: dictionary can be used in flight mode, no roaming charges abroad.
• Recordings by native speakers.
• Search for anagrams (e. g. tab-bat).
• Full-text search: Find examples with perfect ease.
• List of similar words produced if search item spelled incorrectly.
• Wildcard search finds entries even when correct spelling is not known.
• Full search history available.
• Inflexion function for search words in all grammatical forms (English only).
• Quiz for vocabulary learning.
• Favorites - to quickly access frequently searched words.
• Choose your own display options: menus, fonts, colours, etc.
• Links for translating items within entries.
• Improved menu navigation.
• Keep up to date: subscribe to our newsletter, become a fan on Facebook and a follower on Twitter.
In diesem Update haben wir die Startzeiten verbessert. Vielen Dank für Ihr Feedback und viel Spaß mit der App!
Ratings and Reviews
Best German dictionary!
I bought 4 cheaper dictionaries and wasn't pleased, so went ahead and spent the money and am totally satisfied. It's a professional dictionary. Has everything the cheaper dictionaries don't. All irregular forms, genders, many example sentences, and pronunciations of many words. By far the best dictionary app on the market and well worth the $65.
Update: the best dictionary just got better! Now copy any German word in any program and when you open the dictionary it opens straight to the word!
New version SLOW. Poor pronunciation help
I am a German student at the C1 level (intermediate). There are plenty of words in articles and exercises that are not covered in this dictionary, but the vast majority are (That's good!). Pronunciation is disappointing -- there is no written pronunciation unless there is also a voice pronunciation and the voice pronunciation doesn't cover a LOT of words.
The thing I most dislike is the S L O W N E S S of the underlying software. Tap a word and there is a long wait. This didn't used to be the case on earlier versions on earlier iPhones. It seems that the problem is getting worse. If you look up a word occasionally then this is not such a problem. But if you are a serious learner and you look up dozens of words, day after day, then this dictionary is awful.
In sum, I like the basic dictionary a lot -- I have been a fan of Langenscheidt for decades. But they have fumbled the software part of it, and for utterly inexplicable reasons they put only half the pronunciations in.
This App is pretty good but the interface has gotten worse with version 3.56.541. The buttons (Favorites, Flashcards, etc.) are not as clear and well defined. I'm not sure if Langenscheidt is trying to make the app more "sleek" or if it has to do with the launch of iOS 8, but the buttons are more faded and harder to distinguish.
Therefore I'm taking 1 star away from my prior 4-star rating.
…I'd rather Langenscheidt put its efforts into more vocabulary and functionality than changing an already good interface.
- Langenscheidt GmbH & Co. KG
- 253.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Langenscheidt Digital GmbH & Co. KG
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.