The Interactive Gesture Instrument
Create music based on complex systems of musical rules and interactions. Using the motion of your fingertips, Gestrument Pro lets you play, improvise and compose with deeper levels of personal expression than ever before.
Play your music your way
Gestrument Pro lets you create something in-between a bespoke instrument and written piece of music. In other words, it’s an instrument made to play your own music in your own way.
Widen your musical comfort zone
Experiment with simple and advanced musical concepts such as microtonality, polyrhythms and much more using our modular system of highly tweakable musical generators.
A next level Improvisational tool
By building patches based on the musical rules and properties of your own music, Gestrument Pro lets you improvise to it in real-time. Our Pitch and Rhythm generators make sure you’re always on time and always on pitch, no matter how you play.
Powered by the Gestrument Engine
Gestrument Pro is completely powered by our revolutionary Gestrument Engine, a system for generating music based on user interactions in real-time. Want to know more about this? Visit gestrument.com/engine
Based on the revolutionary Gestrument app from 2012, award-winning composer Jesper Nordin and leading iOS developer Jonatan Liljedahl (Kymatica) have completely re-invented their unique instrument and taken the concept to the next level.
Gestrument PRO takes everything we loved about the original Gestrument app and improves on its unique functionality while introducing a host of new features such as multi-touch, recordable automations, advanced scale editing and a unique system of highly tweakable modular generators that define rhythms and pitches.
• Powered by the Gestrument Engine.
• Up to 16 individual Instruments.
• Each Instrument can be controlled by any of up to 8 Cursors.
• Instruments can use internal high quality sounds or play other synthesizers or apps via MIDI.
• Modular swappable Generators for producing the rhythms and pitches per Instrument, each with their own set of tweakable parameters and settings.
• 8 performance sliders that each can control one or more parameters in the Instruments and their Generators.
• A highly flexible modulation system allows assigning Sliders and Cursor position/pressure to any parameter in the Instruments.
• Advanced microtonal Scale editor with several standard scales included.
• 8 Scale Slots for fast switching between scales and tonalities during performance.
• Sliders, Cursors and Scale Slots can be recorded into automated loops, or controlled via MIDI. They can also send MIDI.
• Supports Inter-App Audio and Audiobus, including host sync for following the hosts transport and tempo.
- Various minor bug fixes and improvements
- Make Tempo a ControlInput so that it can be mapped to ControlSources such as sliders.
- Add MIDI controls for Instrument Enabled
- Add ScaleGen import (needs updated ScaleGen)
- Loop recording: fix race issue if rec-stop comes too early after rec-start
- Add MIDI commands for HOLD, LOOP and CLEAR
- Update users guide
- Improve realtime hygiene for MIDI program change handling
- Allow Sliders, Cursors and ScaleSlot to send MIDI according to their configuration in 'MIDI Controls'.
- ControlInput sliders: tap value for numerical edit
Ratings and Reviews
I somehow got the impression that this would have Ableton Link
I swear the reason I was excited for this was Ableton Link being on the menu. I guess I was wrong.
The app has a lot of great tools. The sliders and quick key change options are great. Hold and Loop functions. And these aren’t even scratching the surface of the deep editing. But no Ableton Link kind of makes this an outlier in my app ecosystem
Developer Response ,
Hi, we are glad you like the app! Ableton link is supported through hosts like AUM or AB3, and it is on our list for possible features to include it in the app itself as well.
Well, just blow me away why don’t you!
This is one of the most original apps I have ever bought!!! I saw the Y.T. Video of Doug from the Soundtestroom...and just pre-bought it immediately! I especially love the full orchestra preset.
You don’t even have to really know what you’re doing to play with it. It draws you in to learn more about it. We need some tutorials on Y.T. to know it’s intracacies and how to set it up for our own creations. Watch Doug’s Video and you will probably buy it right away!
Review by rraccerr
This is a very simple and awesome sounding machine. I’m a truck driver learning the fundamentals of recording engineering and I made several songs using various apps on my iPad. I find this to be simply amazing and I look forward to adding it to one of my single releases. I bought it before the release so I took advantage of the low cost and I’m glad I did. Before purchase look at the tutorial by Disscord on utube to see if it’s for you.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.