This Gettysburg Auto Tour offers a gripping journey through the Gettysburg Battlefield following the official marked National Park Auto Tour route.
• Top-selling driving tour at Gettysburg National Military Park Visitor Center & Museum since 2013.
• Narrated dramatically by Stephen Lang, the renowned Hollywood actor is best known for his starring roles in James Cameron’s Avatar, Don’t Breathe and as Stonewall Jackson in Gods & Generals and General Pickett in Gettysburg.
• Covers all three days of the battle and Abraham Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address at the Soldiers’ National Cemetery.
• Short, Medium & Full audio tour versions ranging from 2 to 3 hours covering the Gettysburg National Military Park official Auto Tour Route.
• Experience a Gettysburg driving tour from the comfort and control of your own car, at your own pace.
• Works offline (after initial download of tracks).
• Film companion The Gettysburg Story is made by Jake Boritt and broadcast nationally on Public Television and available for streaming. This documentary is a perfect introduction to your battlefield tour.
• Based on works of top historian Gabor Boritt, founder of the Civil War Institute at Gettysburg College, The Gilder-Lehrman Lincoln Prize and published 16 books on Abraham Lincoln and the American Civil War.
• Virtual tour, the app works off-site to tour the battlefield remotely.
“A thrilling experience. The whole battle comes alive in telling detail and superb overview. I can't recommend it enough.” - KEN BURNS, Filmmaker
"This brilliant and moving story will fascinate the first-time visitor and the history buff alike." - DORIS KEARNS-GOODWIN, Author
Download today and experience America's greatest battle as you've never seen it before!
New Bonus Video Footage From The Gettysburg Story Documentary Film.
Ratings and Reviews
Unequivocally amazing. 2-3 hours for the tour is way too short. Maybe it’s me being sentimental but I only got through to “little round top” in three hours. The weather was iffy but every stop was instructional and educational. I learned so much more than what I thought. There were some “misty” times along the route because of the desire of the union and confederates loosing so many for a cause and me being there with my oldest’s (17yo) first trip, a LOT of emotion.
As for the app it took three times to get it to go because It had to download (update) 36 files. Some of the negative reviews this could have been the problem [not a normal download].
The app worked flawlessly, even when I stopped and restarted along the route. I returned to Maine to relisten and relive the moments and there were no issues.
I can’t wait to do it again with my youngest.
Developer Response ,
"Unequivocally amazing." is high praise. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review. This helps the Gettysburg Story reach more visitors - and hopefully they too can be moved by power of "what they did here" on the hallowed ground of Gettysburg. Glad you even listened to it on the trip back home! Be sure to check out the companion film too!
SO WORTH the $9.99!
My family and I had MLK Day off and wanted to do something social-distant and educational as a family. This app took us to all these slots and gave us a great history of each stop. This $10 spent was without a question worth it and, although directions may seem confusing at first in-app, for the most part you can just follow the red “Auto Tour” signs marking the roads and get to the various stops. I highly recommend this app.
Great family tour option - flexible & affordable
Great tour experience for our family during this socially distanced era. Spent several hours driving on the battlefield with this easy to use app. Listen to the story of the battle and get gps directions to each tour stop in this amazing National Park. Also we suggest you see the companion film to make the experience even more awesome and informative & get the kids guide that goes with the tour.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Boritt Films LLC
- 42.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2021
- In-App Purchases
- Gettysburg Story Tour Guide $9.99
- Gettysburg Story Kids Guide $3.99
- Antietam Story $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.