Ghostery Privacy Browser offers a private, fast, tracker- and ad-free mobile browsing experience. Equipped with comprehensive features that enhance user privacy for mobile browsing, the Ghostery Privacy Browser integrates powerful ad blocking and tracker protection of Ghostery with improved browser functionalities.
### Key Features
+ Privacy Statistics: See at a glance how many trackers and ads have been blocked
+ Delete Private Data at the Touch of a Button: Close all open tabs and delete all private data with just one tap
+ Cookie Pop-up Blocker: Removes cookie pop-ups on websites and automatically denies consent requests for data collection if possible
+ Automatic Forget Mode: Automatically prevents adult content from being stored in your history
+ Phishing Prevention: The URL bar shows only the top-level domain to help you spot suspicious websites
+ "Open in Ghostery" Action: A fast and simple way to open a website in the Ghostery Browser by using the action menu of another app
+ Pull Down to Refresh: Swipe down at the top of a website to refresh the page content
+ Free and open-source
+ Improved start-up time and overall performance
+ Updated to the latest Ad Blocking lists and Anti-Tracking engines from Ghostery
+ Dark mode support
Minor bug fixes and updated copy.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Like the app, the update still needs a bit more polish
I haven’t had many problems using the app so far, but there’s some stuff that I’d still like to see that was present before the update.
1) make it easier to access bookmarks / favorites, put a button to look through them on the main toolbar or something. If these links are favorites, people would want to be able to access them immediately and with only one click needed to be able to open them
2) the organization of the tabs feels cluttered, for both going through the private and regular tabs. I liked the pre-update tab setup of being able to see all the tabs at once, which made it much easier to visualize and to toggle through them, I’d like to see that brought back. Maybe being able to see all regular tabs at once, with a different window for all the private tabs as well
3) have the option to remove the “offers” section. I think a lot of people don’t want to see this, and it’s annoying having this more present than the bookmarks / favorites
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback. If you'd like to reach out to us with questions or concerns, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open links in a new tab? Nope
This is almost a fantastic browser. Instead it's so infuriating I am constantly on the verge of just deleting it. Why the hell can't I long-press a link and be given the explicit option of opening it in a new tab or a new background tab? Safari can do it. Firefox can do it. DuckDuckGo can do it. Brave can open in a new tab plus provides an option to open in a private tab. I refuse to use Chrome because of privacy concerns and plenty of acceptable alternatives but I bet it can do it too. This is basic functionality and if there is an option to enable this in settings I can't find it.
Ghostery simply provides an option to "open" which is no different than tapping the link rendering it superfluous and could be removed with no loss of functionality for the user. To make matters worse, this browser does actually open links in new tabs, but in a seemingly random and opaque manner. I frequently end up shocked to discover numerous tabs have been opened while clicking links during the course of normal browsing without me being aware of it.
This unexpected and bizarre behavior plus the apparent lack of an option to intentionally open links in a new tab almost ruins what is otherwise a great browser.
Developer Response ,
Hi, due to an iOS update that function is no longer available for Ghostery to provide within our browser app. Sorry for the inconvenience. Feel free to reach out to us by email to email@example.com with any questions or concerns. Thanks!
AAARGHHH!!! I HATE THE NEW DESIGN!!!....
....I just installed the “new” Ghostery and it seems to have deleted ALL of the my bookmark folders! Over the years of using this app, I’ve created different folders within the app for the different catagories of bookmarks I’ve saved. For example, when saving a bookmark/favorite webpage that deals with “iPhones”, I create a folder called “Apple” and save all Apple related bookmarks to that folder and so on. Unfortunately, after installing this new version of Ghostery, the app deleted all of my bookmark folders and dumped all my bookmarks together under the “favorites” tab and now my bookmarks are no longer organized the way they use to be! What a mess!! Furthermore the ability to create new bookmark folders has been removed from the app entirely! AAARGH!!! The excellent minimalistic design of the previous version of Ghostery has been replaced by this new over the top version which is riddled with painfully bright colors and features I never wanted. Why the developers of this app thought it was a good idea to remove the bookmark folder feature is beyond me. I will not be updating this app on the rest of my iOS devices.👎👎😢
- Ghostery, Inc.
- 51.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2020 Ghostery, Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.