GIA’s 4Cs iPad app features video and interactive tools that teach consumers about how GIA grades color, cut, clarity and carat weight. It explains GIA’s D-to-Z color scale and how diamond color can affect value, GIA’s clarity scale and how diamond clarity can affect value, the factors that affect a diamond’s cut grade and the origins of the carat system.
Interactive tools show:
• How diamond color changes across the GIA D-to-Z Color Scale
• Typical inclusions and blemishes at various points in the GIA Clarity Scale
• A diamond’s anatomy and how various parameters influence a diamond’s cut grade
• How a diamond’s size changes by carat weight and enables consumers to compare the sizes of different diamonds
• An interactive GIA Grading Report Anatomy – to help consumers understand the different elements of a GIA report
Additional features include:
• Retailer Lookup allows consumers to find retailers that sell GIA-graded diamonds and/or have GIA-trained sales associates. Search by:
- Sells in-store and/or online
- Sells online only
• My Diamond Wish List that allows consumers to keep a record of the diamonds they’ve seen and considered by entering any diamond’s relevant information, including its report number, 4Cs information, price and the retailer’s address and contact information in their wish list.
• Information on fluorescence, common diamond treatments, synthetics and simulants.
• Direct Access to GIA Report Check (network connection required) - GIA’s online database of diamond grading reports and Diamond Dossiers. Consumers can verify the contents of a GIA report and view a PDF version of that report simply by entering a GIA report number and carat weight.
• GIA grading scales updated
• GIA report anatomy updated
• GIA 4Cs videos updated
• Bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
In the market for a diamond?
GIA is for sure the global authority in grading diamonds. This is a great resource tool to use if you're in the market to get yourself or loved one a beautiful diamond!
Nice app, please update for iOS 11. Thanks so much for making this!
Excellent explanation of diamond grades!
I saw this at the Atlanta Jewelry Show this weekend and thought it to be the best tool I have ever seen to show a customer what different characteristics of a diamond are considered in the grading of that diamond. Thank you, GIA!
- Gemological Institute of America, Inc.
- 35.7 MB
Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, German, Northern Sami, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2011 Gemological Institute of America Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.