Sometimes emojis just don’t cut it. Share your true feelings with GIFs.
Drag and drop GIFs from your menubar directly into iMessage, and collect your favorite GIFs from anywhere by dropping GIFs into your menubar.
It’s perfect for all those times you wanted to...
- Express just how much you love pizza.
- Annoy your friends with that one lyric you just can’t stop singing.
- Tell your crush that cuddling should be in your future.
Tenor GIF for Mac Features:
* Always send the perfect GIF and video responses to your best friends straight from your menubar!
* Browse through categories like reactions, music, trending and more.
* Search millions of GIFs and videos on Tenor for the perfect moment. You can also tap the emoji icon in the menu to search by your favorite emoji!
* See a GIF you like while browsing the web or receive a GIF from a friend? Drag/Drop the GIF to your Menubar to save for later. That means no saving to clunky desktop folders, and its instantly available from your toolbar
* Works with your favorite messengers and social networks including iMessage, Slack, Email, Telegram, Facebook, and Reddit
* Syncs with Tenor GIF Keyboard on your iPhone. Your GIF collections are instantly available on both your iPhone and Mac so your favorites GIFs are accessible everywhere
- Tenor GIF Keyboard has been optimized -- the app should now run more smoothly than ever.
Ratings and Reviews
App Force Closes, Unusable since update
Have been using this app for several months and was a big fan of it, but since the most recent update it has been unusable for me on my Macbook. Every time I try to open it the app attempts to open but immediately force closes itself.
App has not been updated in a while and it shows. I like that I can load it in the menubar on login, but I would love for the window to not always pop open (does not abide by the hide checkmark). Also, it when going to upload gifs, the tags will not allow spaces, but the online version and filter suggestions both do. Lastly, there seems to be an issue with keeping things consistant when it comes to organizing the 'favorites', 'uploads', and 'recents'. For instance, my favorites sometimes show a filled ❤️, but othertimes doesn't. If the heart is unfilled, but filed in my 'favorites' folder, then filling the heart (❤️) removes it from my favorites, but still shows as filled if searching in the main search.
I read the reviews about the name confusion. I believe that there has been a revision that fixed at least some of the naming problems. In LaunchPad, when I type in Tenor, there is no result. When I type in Gif, GifKeyboard comes up. Tenor is still part of the app. I have seen it in some menus and on the window that pops up after I click on the icon in the menubar. I haven’t had Gif long, but it seems more straight forward that some of the 2017 reviews indicated.
- Tenor, Inc.
- 4.8 MB
OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2018 Tenor
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.