Get gifts right, every time! Make and share wish lists in a family group you create - for birthdays, Christmas holiday, baby, and weddings.
Unlike other wish list apps, Giftster makes your whole family's gift giving experiences more fun and less stressful.
Only with Giftster can you invite family members to join a private group you create.
Everyone can view and shop each other's wish lists all in one place, and mark things purchased to avoid duplicate gifts. Gift status is hidden from the list maker, keeping the surprise.
The IOS App has a companion website that runs in your Safari browser or on your phone or computer desktop with all the same data and features. You and your family can use Giftster from any phone, tablet or computer to view and shop lists.
“I searched iTunes and played around with a few different apps and the one wish list app that has really worked for me that I am loving is called Giftster…was not only easy for me to use but easy for my family to use as well.” -- Laura Wittmann, orgjunkie.com
Giftster is the original lifetime gift registry, connecting family and close friends around gift giving occasions. Set it up once and use it year after year.
Features and Benefits
* Invite your family members to join your own private gift idea sharing group
* Join an existing group created from the app or the giftster.com website.
* Add a Secret Santa draw to your group at giftster.com and discover your secret pick and Secret Santa rules on your iOS device. Exclude picks and reuse a previous draw, too.
* Choice of privacy settings - make your lists private, shared only with groups, or public - for everyone to see in search or only those who have your list link
* Mark gift ideas reserved or purchased so others don’t buy a duplicate gift
* The list maker cannot see the status of items on their own lists
* Add gift ideas to other member's lists, hidden from the list maker but everyone else can see them. How fun is that?
* Avoid duplicate gifts, poor gift choices, or having to rely only on gift cards
* Adding an item to your list is as simple as jotting an idea on a piece of paper
* Rank gift ideas with a 5 star system
* Use Giftster just for your own wishlists, and decide to share them later
* Use public lists to make shopping your birthday, wedding or baby registry easy for others who are not Giftster members
* Simple to invite other to join using your device’s address book
* Already a member at giftster.com? Log in the same way and all your lists, groups, and events are instantly visible on your device.
How Giftster works
With Giftster you become part of a small social network connecting family and close friends around gift giving occasions.
If this is your first time using Giftster, you won't have any family or friends connected yet.
Once you connect one or more of your family into a group, each family member logs in to update their own wish lists, and to view and reserve gifts on each other’s lists.
- Everyone in your family can connect to you with this App - we built a version of Giftster that runs on just about every device.
- Giftster instantly synchronizes changes to all devices, including your account at giftster.com.
- Requires internet access via cellular data or wifi to operate.
This is release 5.3 of the app; got feedback? Please send to email@example.com or call 01-612-216-5112.
Our latest version for 2020
Fixed - condition that could cause my list tab to give "oops" message
Fixed - white screen issue from swipe right gestures
Fixed - group permission issue
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great Concept, but VERY Glitchy
Listen, I love this app because there’s not really anything like it out there, but as soon as a competitor comes along with an app that really works, I’ll move on, no question.
Good luck trying to upload a photo or getting the “fetch” feature to work the way it’s supposed to. I’d say 75% of the time I can’t even get it to pull up the upload photo option, and the few times it does work, it doesn’t actually upload anything.
The fetch data option usually works, but occasionally it pulls in photos of the wrong product...which then requires you to save you own photo and manually upload it (and you already read how that goes).
If you’re good with manually writing in everything and trust that your family/friends will find the item that way, then you should be fine. But if your family is anything like mine and you need photos to help them out, just be aware that you’re in for a frustrating time.
Developer Response ,
Alyssa sorry you are temporarily having to put up with an issue affecting inserting images from your phone into your items. We have a fix but are at code freeze for December. Tip: with add image you can pull any image from the web to add to your items, no local image needed. Also, have you tried giftster.com on your computer as well? You'll love that version too.
2019 update, still no indication of what was added to list most recently
The app has promise but we’ve waited over a year for some indication of what item was recently added to a list. The service will send an email notification that “so-and-so just updated their list!” With absolutely no indication as to what was added. There is no way to sort the list by “date added” and I have nephews with over a hundred items on their list. Today’s update added a time stamp in each item’s detail page as to when it was added. This is not very helpful and a recent message sent to users indicates that this is their answer to the “most requested feature” and it is a miserable non solution.
Developer Response ,
First step was to release the time stamp feature so you can now see when an item was added or later edited in the item detail. The next step will be a new sort feature that will sort on several list attributes including the time stamp, in a future release.
Reliable, Clever, and Easy To Use!
I'm a busy mom and this has decreased the chaos at Christmas time like you wouldn't believe! Even the people in our family who don't have smartphones can use it with the website and now we can get the perfect gift for them every time! It's simple, clean design makes it easy for the grandparents to use. Not only does it have lists that you can reserve and purchase items from, but they also have a gift preferences page that can help you learn more about things they may want that aren't on the list. So many other great features too! I can't tell you how much this has helped my family. After searching and searching for something like this I finally found Giftster and can easily say it's the best wish list/gift registry there is out there!
- MyGiftster Corporation
- 40.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2011 - 2020 MyGiftster Corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.