GifVid lets you convert GIFs to Videos and vice versa!
Select from any of the gifs or videos in your photos library and easily convert them over you can then share with your friends through iMessage, Imgur, Tumblr and more!
We would love to here from you!
If a gif or video isn't converting or you want a new feature
email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- New Action Extension allows you to quickly covert a Gifs to Video while in your Photos Library
- Can now be opened by third party apps with the "Open in..." feature
- Bug fixed that prevented the album picker from being displayed when converting
- Now can adjust the speed of new Gifs/Videos
- Higher Resolution choice for Video to Gif
- Now choose Gifs/Videos from specific Albums for conversion
- Crop & Resize when converting a gif to video by selecting "Custom" when exporting to various places i.e. square cropped video to Instagram.
- Converting Video to Gif now has the ability to share the gif to twitter if it's under 3 MB
Ratings and Reviews
Actually does what it says
I’m not sure why this app is rated so low compared to the other gif makers. This is the only one I’ve ran into so far that doesn’t demand you pay for a subscription to get anything but basic features. Minus one star for still having ads, even though I paid a buck.
Best dollar I’ve ever spent
At first I thought I had been duped, a waste of a hard earned dollar, as the app gave me an error every time I tried to convert a gif I had saved off tumblr into my iCloud.
Before, in order to convert them to video I had to jump through hoops, but now we have ourselves the ideal solution - the GifVid Photos app extension. Select any animated gif in your camera roll and tap the share icon. Go all the way to the right and where it says “save as video” swipe the switch on and it’ll turn green. Now the GifVid icon will appear at the end of the share options row and you’ll get what you paid for, right in your photos app.
Once I figured that out I am a very happy customer. I have a feeling some of the bad reviews on this app are due to similar issues, or user error. Ignore them!
Ok but seriously, why does this only have 3 stars?
I’m positive that everyone who’s downloaded this app is either trying to create a gif with a video or vice versa. Well, this app does that easily. Idk what other features you would need for this app, all that you need is either a video or a gif and from there you can adjust the speed and number of loops in a video made with a gif.
I’m a simple boy. I have to make videos on mobile because pc editors are too confusing and crazy expensive for me. When I’m working on a project, the last thing I want to do is spend ages getting a gif ready for a video. That’s probably my favorite thing about this app, it literally only takes a minute to make a gif/video.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.