Collect your GIFs. Share them. Love them! If you're a GIF connoisseur, then you need an app that's as serious about them as you are. That's where GIFwrapped comes in.
• Use iCloud or Dropbox to add new GIFs and sync your collection. Keep your GIFs on multiple devices and have a backup in the cloud. The digital cloud. No one keeps GIFs in real clouds anymore, everything gets too wet.
• Use the bundled Messages app to share GIFs from your Library with your friends in seconds. No muss, no fuss.
• Drag and drop GIFs en mass to and from GIFwrapped. Drag them all! Drag them good!
• Find new GIFs using Giphy powered search! Just bang in a phrase like "cat" or "lumpy space princess" and be prepared for pure awesome to rain down on you from the heavens.
• Import GIFs, Bursts, and Live Photos from your Photo Library. Save them back to Photos, too, if that's your jam.
• Use an extension to quickly save images to your library! It's not sexy or anything, but it is super easy and probably fun by someone's standards!
• Preview GIFs in standard or retina quality. It all depends on whether you like pixels or not.
Upgrade your GIF game even further by subscribing to GIFwrapped Premium for US$4.99 per year (may vary from country to country), which unlocks awesome features, removes ads, and supports an independent creator.
• Turn off ads. I hate 'em as much as your do, but a guy's gotta eat.
• Bookmark searches for easy access the next time you want them. These things are important for those GIF standoffs your's somehow always getting into.
• Reuse, and recycle, your search history as a list of bookmarks, so revisiting the past doesn't need to involve time travel… or memory.
• Additional information about images within the Into panel, including number of frames, duration, and more. That way you can know your GIFs inside and out.
• Turn off the embedded watermark in Bursts and Live Photos. I mean, liking GIFwrapped is one thing, but to plaster the logo over GIFs of your pets? Probably a bit much.
If you choose to subscribe to GIFwrapped Premium, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and the subscription will automatically renew within 24 hours of the end of the current period. You can manage this in Account Settings. Cancel your subscription at least 24 hours before the end of the current period to let it lapse.
Terms of Service: https://gifwrapped.co/terms
Here comes a new update to take care of some pernicious little bugs that cropped up in the last release. Nothing huge, but important nevertheless.
- The recent update had a minor code change that made it so that sharing GIFs, even successfully, always resulted in a non-specific error message being displayed. Innocuous as that is, I couldn't let it stand, so I reversed the change that caused it. Did I cause another bug to spawn in the depths of GIFwrapped? Maybe. Probably. We may never know.
- It turns out that when I rewrote the Settings screens, I overlooked the Premium option for disabling the watermark added to Live and Burst photos when converting them to GIFs. I connected one up to the other, so it should respect what it’s set to once again.
- Like all social networks, Twitter often make changes to their website to introduce features, fix bugs… or just tweak stuff to "improve engagement". It doesn't always affect GIFwrapped's ability to download GIFs from Twitter, but sometimes they change just the right thing, and I end up with hundreds of emails telling me how bad GIFwrapped is and "how dare you censor me" which is just so much fun. Anyway, here's an update that restores parsing tweets for GIFs.
Thanks again for using GIFwrapped… especially if you're a Premium subscriber! I’m hard at work getting a macOS release ready to go, but if you need to reach out, toss an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or lob a tweet to @gifwrapped on Twitter. I’ll do what I can to help.
Until next time… happy holidays!
Ratings and Reviews
Recent update a disaster!
Original at bottom. The latest update brought back all my GIFs, thank goodness, most of them 4 times. So I did have to spend a significant amount of time deleting the duplicates. However, its functionality seems to have been restored and the developer had been pretty responsive. I'll add more stars after future updates go smoothly.
I used to love this app but the recent update had failed on every level. The first time I opened it I elected to turn on iCloud synch and ALL MY GIFS were gone. I closed all my apps, turned my phone off and on and now I can't get passed the "Synch to iCloud" screen. Very, very worried that I have lost everything.
Great idea and execution; Responsive and kind developer
This app such a fun, wonderful idea that I didn’t know I needed. GIFs remain one of the most enjoyable forms of digital self-expression, and GIFwrapped makes it easier than ever. The few bugs I experienced at the recent new version’s launch were quickly addressed. It’s important to understand that software development isn’t necessarily easy, and changing one thing can easily introduce bugs that would have been impossible to anticipate sometimes. If you haven’t done your part as a user of the app and contacted the developer for support and to report the issues you experienced, then it is unfair to leave a negative review based on those bugs. Give them a chance. And I can tell from my experience so far with this app, that they will do their best to resolve the issue and probably kindly inform you what went wrong too. I’m impressed with the support and service. That is to say nothing of the excellent panel design that is becoming an important player on iPhone apps, and the ability to access your library from the Files app. Yeah there are some bugs but if you reach out to the developer or even just read the release notes, it will be apparent that they are working hard to make this product the best it can be. Thanks for making this! 🙏
UPDATE - after I’ve lost my entire gif library twice, I can no longer say this is an app I’d recommend. The first time was due to a confirmed bug in the app. The second time was because the app added a toggle for iCloud access a number of versions before it could actually back up to iCloud. I enabled access and thought it was backing up there, but it was not. When I asked the developer why they’d request access to a person’s iCloud and not use it for backups or anything else clearly stated, I got no response. So that’s both sketchy AND the app has failed me twice at the one thing it’s supposed to do: store a collection of gifs.
Great app - there was a real need for this sort of thing when it first came out and this filled the void. Not over cluttered with unneeded functionality but has all the basics you'd want (store gifs, share sheets, import/sync functionality).
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Daniel Farrelly
- 30.8 MB
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Unrestricted Web Access Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2021 Daniel Farrelly
- In-App Purchases
- GIFwrapped Premium $4.99
- GIFwrapped Premium $0.49
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.