You find yourself in the bowels of GIGCO, a sprawling superpower in online retail.
Tapping furiously on your phone (the tool that transportation, commerce and employment all run through) you dash across the screen, racing from one conveyor belt to the next.
Your nemesis is the automated shipping robot, buzzing to take your job.
If you can't maneuver around the robots and complete your task, the lights dim; the warehouse transitions to fully automated, machine-vision.
- In a world where Amazon, Uber, and Facebook have become one mega-corporation, you need to work, like, and subscribe to stay alive.
- Defend your minimum-wage job against impending automation in quick-paced gameplay.
- We all eat - play as four unique characters including men, women, non-binary folk, and furries.
- Use the meta-app to uncover real world truths about contemporary labour conditions and the opportunities for organization.
- A striking, generative soundtrack by recording artist and labour professor Ben McCarthy.
- added a new feature that allows you to share your progress in order to keep playing!
Ratings and Reviews
App Store needs more like this
This game is simple and satisfying. I love it.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for the nice words!
Learn to Code!?!
No that’s not a solution. (Unless you’re a fired borderline useless millennial/lefty “reporter”).
Higher minimum wage boosts will only lead to more automation at a faster rate.
As for the game...
It’s ok, but nothing that hasn’t been done before. But the obvious reason for the games existence is it’s message. Which is why I put one at the start of this review.
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for the review! Although it’s not very explicit in GIGCO, we think that organized labour is the best way to make working conditions more fair, and “escape” the precarious conditions of the gig economy. Pwr to the ppl!
- Jonathan Carroll
- 188.4 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Jonathan Carroll
- In-App Purchases
- FOX $2.99
- LOU $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.