GIPHY Capture is the best way to create GIFs on your Mac. This free app is simple, powerful, and easy enough for pretty much anyone.
• Create your GIF with just a couple clicks.
• Click to start, click to stop!
• Capture GIFs up to 30 seconds long.
• *new* Capture live! Just click to grab the last 30 seconds of video.
• Super simple editing lets you get creative, fast.
• Pick which kind of loop you like best.
• Adjust the frame rate to your liking.
- Animated captions: add them, style them, animate them!
• Preview the file size of your GIF before saving.
QUICKLY SAVE & SHARE
• Email your friends your favorite videos as GIFs.
• Or just save it for later!
SIMPLE UPLOAD TO GIPHY
• Hold onto your favorite GIF creations forever.
• Easily access them whenever you want.
• Share your GIFs on Facebook, Tweet them to Twitter, or send them in Facebook Messenger.
Have any Questions? Comments? Issues? Visit GIPHY.com for more info or get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
This releases fixes a bug where some users may have had toruble uploading their GIFs to GIPHY.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Window always gets in the way!
I would love love love to give this 5-stars because it's almost perfect, but it's missing one thing for me that hurts big time (2 stars of hurt)... when I'm not using the app, the application window is ALWAYS on top of all open windows! So, I can't leave the app open all time time like I would like to, which means I have to think about opening it each time I want to record a screen animation. This should be super easy to change and/or configure! Everything else works great!
I love the ability to edit my animations!
Beautifully clever, but can’t be quit!
I’m very impressed by the cleverness of the design, which lets you position and size the GIPHY window over the content you wish to capture. Some user interface elements were nonstandard, though, like the drag-to-resize handle in the bottom right; I’d prefer to see a standard one (although, to be fair, they may have made it like this because the standard double-ended arrow isn’t visible until you mouse over the corner of the window, which itself isn’t very intuitive), or at least a better-looking one. However, the biggest gripe I have is that the app can’t be quit after recording a video using the normal command-Q, Quit menu item, or even the Quit GIPHY CAPTURE item in the pop-up settings menu! This should be very easy to fix.
Was a great tool
Something is seriously wrong with this version of the app (v4.1 - Aug 2018 release). I’ve written their support team regarding this bug and here’s hoping they fix it. The difficulty is not that it can’t capture. It can. The difficulty comes when it goes to save out the resulting GIF. The files it saves are somewhat corrupted. The color information is way off center compared to the rest of the image information. It makes the image look like it has color ghosting. It looks like a VHS capture. I hope the GIPHY devs can find and fix this problem soon.
And for the people who claim that the GIPHY capture app can’t be quit, it can. Simply click the red X button in the upper left of the window. This not only closes the window, it kills the app. This is the “old style” way of closing apps.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.