Premier field collection and data viewer for iPhone and iPad.
- No desktop GIS software required.
- No prior GIS training required.
- Completely offline capable.
- Cache (download) open source topographic maps, street maps and satellite imagery straight from device.
- Import ESRI Shapefiles and KML/KMZ files including attributes.
- Attribute fields include: Alphanumeric (Description), Photos, numerical values, user defined list of values, addresses, websites, date & time, telephone number, check box.
- Easily collect new point, line, and polygon features in the field by GPS or drawing manually.
- Enter attribute values for each feature and/or add new attribute types at time of collection.
- Create templates of user defined feature classes with custom attributes.
- Comes loaded with numerous example feature templates for professional use in Forestry, Wetland Delineation, Stream Surveys, and Real Estate.
- Import and export data wirelessly by email. Larger data sets can be imported/exported by connecting to any computer with itunes.
- Organize by projects and layers
- Best-in-class performance.
Check our website to see videos, documentation and more information about the "Pro" version. Please note that all the features of the GIS Pro version (such as Shapefile export) are available through in-app purchase in this app as well.
Please note that a separate license is required for each user or each device that is used by multiple users. See http://www.apple.com/legal/itunes/us/terms.html for details. Also see http://www.apple.com/business/vpp for information on purchasing in volume.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Bug Fixes And Updates
Ratings and Reviews
By far, the best mobile GIS!
I have been using this app since 2013. It was my first mobile GIS app. Over time, I venture onto the other side of fence with virtually every other available mobile GIS app. Here’s what’s unique about GIS Kit:
• Caches ortho-photo maps with a great number of choices
• Allows easy customization for a particular project
• You can have a number of projects, each remaining uniquely separate
• Very reasonable cost, nothing’s hidden; you get the base program with all the bells and whistles for under $100
• I have not found an app anywhere, but here, that EXPORTS Shape files! (Pro version) Well worth the extra $$ if you need that functionality.
Although there was a lag in updating this app and it tended to crash (frustrating), it was STILL worth the hassle! Not the team is back to raising the bar. They recently stabilized the crashing issue and are working on a major upgrade.
Hands down, this is the best mobile GIS app available.
I have used mapping applications for over 15 years that cost thousands of dollars and have been so frustrated that the leading software was so hard to use and many times required an expensive programmer. This application is so intuitive, easy to use and feature rich that we have converted all of our forestry mapping software data off the big name multi thousand dollar software package onto GIS Kit.
For our conservation property we have been able to set up multiple layers, that can be toggled on or off, to include everything from property lines, roads, trails, buildings, gates, bridges, forestry operations, cellar holes (historic homesteads), and even where edible wild mushrooms traditionally grow.
We have finally been able to share our mapping data with our family members and they can use it with GIS Kit almost immediately. We have made more progress on our mapping projects using this app in the last couple of months than we have in the last 15 years combined with another expensive software package.
We are using this application to manage large conservation properties, forestry, wildlife management, land planning and to create a legacy historical record of these property.
We would highly recommend this product.
This team has the most responsive and intelligent app writers for any mobile device on the market.
The layer management and export functions make this THE app for field recordation on just about any project, whether it be environmental, construction or preliminary engineering. For more accurate location based writing, use a Bluetooth GPS device. With iOS 6, there are map jumps that cause it to effectively snap-to-grid. I'm sure that will be fixed very soon. (Staying with iOS 5 will prevent that issue for now.)
Compared to the cost and training required for adequate options to this app on the iPad/iPhone, this app is really a no-brainer. Really, there is productivity possible in this app that cannot be replaced by anything else in the mobile market.
- Garafa, LLC
- 30.1 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Garafa, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- GIS Pro Upgrade $199.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.