Glink 5250 Lite for iPad/iPhone/iPod touch is a free iOS-version with Ads of Gallagher & Robertson's best-selling terminal emulation program, Glink Professional Edition for Microsoft Windows.
Glink 5250 Lite is used to access applications running on IBM iSeries/AS400 host systems. Glink 5250 Lite emulates all IBM 5250 terminals and uses the TN5250 protocol for communication with the host systems.
Glink 5250 Lite brings you a high quality and proven emulator for your iPad/iPhone and iPod touch devices. It allows you to try the Glink 5250 terminal emulation App before purchasing the full version of Glink 5250 with more features. See below.
- IBM 5250 terminal emulation, all models (basic and extended) and screen sizes
- TN5250 communication to host
- SSL/TLS support for secure communication
- Multiline toolbar with function keys and macros
- Switch toolbar display on/off with action bar icon
- Configurable line spacing for improved readability and to make it easier to hit hotspots
- Pop-up standard keyboard with support of international characters
- Tab/shift-Tab and arrow-keys supported on external Bluetooth keyboard
- All major function keys available as keyboard shortcuts
- Press and hold Command-key on external keyboard to see list of built-in keyboard shortcuts
- Colors can be customized
- Multiple host configurations supported
- Optional password protected configurations
- Optional use of double-tap as Enter/Transmit
- IBM5250 emulation supports Double Byte Character Sets (DBCS) like Chinese, Japanese and Korean
- Print or e-mail host print data
- Print or e-mail terminal emulation content or scroll-back buffer content
- Zoom and scroll as the Safari browser
- Blinking attribute supported
- Blinking cursor supported
- Two finger swipe gesture to move cursor
- Tap and hold to open http:// or https:// URL in internal or external browser
- Tap and hold to open Mail with e-mail address on screen
- Camera supported as barcode scanner
- Linea Pro and Infinea Tab barcode scanner/magnetic card reader supported
- Socket Mobile barcode scanners connected in iOS mode (Bluetooth Accessory Protocol)
- Other Bluetooth barcode scanners, like Opticon OPN2002, connected as external keyboard
The Ad-free version, Glink 5250, includes the following additional features:
- Multiple concurrent host sessions
- Macro recording for auto-login and for assignment to toolbar
- Customize toolbars, add/remove function keys and macros
- Optional auto-connect at startup
- Configurable scroll-back buffer contains history of your host session
- Export and import of configurations
- Configurable hotspots for function keys, option numbers and URLs
- Support for numeric IPv6 address format
- Added scan icon for Linea Pro/Infinea Tab barcode readers
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Does not work
I was not able to login. Kept saying my password was no good. But I can log in just fine with another 5250 app. I kept trying until I was one attempt away from disabling my account.
Too bad. I like the popup keyboard. But if I cannot log in, it is useless.
The developer, Gallagher & Robertson AS, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.