Be part of the solution! Help stop plastic pollution in our waters and ocean. Global Alert is a trash-reporting app that lets you map out trash hot-spots in our waterways, with a main focus on plastic waste in rivers, streams, lakes, and coastlines. The information you submit to the Global Alert map will help groups in your community to better decide where cleanups should take place, and where long-term catchment devices can be placed.
Imagine rivers and streams to be like blood vessels that go to your heart, and your heart is the ocean. If we can stop plastic waste from “flowing through” our blood vessels, we will all be a lot healthier as a result. You can be part of this worldwide effort to remove plastic waste from our waters, resulting in all kinds of good news for our communities, and of course the ocean, which is downstream to everything.
- Map trash sites on the public Global Alert map by uploading photos and data.
- Make a difference. Connect with community steward organizations or cleanup teams anywhere you go. Even if you can’t help with a cleanup and just want to report trash hot-spots, your information is a huge help to other stakeholders who can help to make improvements once they know where those sites are!
- Download public data. Use the map of trash hot-spots for science, school projects, raising
awareness, or working with local governments to create cleaner waters.
- Free to use, log in and start reporting!
Officially endorsed by the World Bank’s Global Partnership for Oceans as the official trash hot-spot reporting app!
Global Alert was developed through funding provided by the Global Partnership for Oceans (GPO), and under the strategic objectives of the Plastic Waste Management Program, as part of the GPO Pollution Component.
#Delete Pending Trash
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome app! Very helpful for monitoring trash
This is definitely the go-to app when it comes down to trash monitoring in coastal communities and rivers. With its Geotag features it allows to locate where trash is most concentrated as well as identify water flow and weather patterns.
- Ocean Recovery Alliance Inc
- 5.5 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2014 Ocean Recovery Alliance
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.