Transform your photos into stunning, illustrated gloom paints. Be CREATIVE, BOLD & UNIQUE and create your own style
with hundreds of effects & tools:
• 50 authentic, film-inspired filters
• Auto adjust filter for instant fixes that uniquely adapts to colors and fine tune brightness, saturation, contrast, and more
• RGB, red, green, blue curves
• Essential for photographers and assistant for artists
BOKEH, COLOR, BORDER, DRAW
• 34 beautiful bokeh shapes and light effects
• Experiment with different color palettes: monochrome, white-point, and false color
• Add and customise text and borders
• Draw on images
MIRRORS, DISTORT, HALFTONE
• 52 modern, edgy mirror effects
• Amazing distort options, including: bump, light tunnel, pinch, twirl, glass and many more
• 23 halftone filters for amazing painterly effects
SKEW, CROP, ROTATE
• Correct horizontal and vertical perspective distortion
• Straighten crooked photos
• 11 crop presets, expand, rotate and flip filters
PROFESSIONAL ADJUSTMENT CONTROLS
16 Precise & selective controls:
• brightness, contrast, saturation, exposure, sharpness, vibrance, vignette, shadows, highlights, temperature, tint, hue, gamma, sepia, blur, glow and angle
• adjust controls simultaneously
Add Gloomlogue filters from within the Photos apps
• Generate the histogram of the image
• Calculate average, maximum, minimum, maximum alpha and minimum alpha colours of the image
• Simple, minimal design
• List of edits to jump between stacks
• Touch and hold to preview original image from everywhere
Be sure to tag your photos with #gloomlogue
Have ideas for new features or improvements? We'd love to hear from you:
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
- iPhone X support
- Minor bugs fixed
Thanks for using Gloomlogue. You are awesome :)
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve been using this *every* day lately
I’ve had Gloomlogue forever- even before they changed the icon and the hue and cry brought it back. I use it in fits and starts, often in very different ways each time. Fairly recently I was creating mandalas and altering them with combinations of the torus lens, adding a vortex or whirl, sometimes both. Occasionally I’ve used the bump and often used the various kaleidoscope manipulations. I believe the kaleidoscope doesn’t always save the same image I thought I’d saved.
I’d make some changes, if it were up to me but they’re mainly to keep it fresh and make it a little more versatile. The textures like bokeh are static and I *really* wish I could rotate and resize them because they’re often not quite where they should be. It’s hard to stay interested in them if they’re always the same.
I used the borders a lot when I’d just gotten it but lately they’ve seemed too stiff. I love the faded light, somewhat smudged borders I get with some of the initial filters like “detailed” and “illustrate” and sometimes wish I could get that look on it’s own without modifying the entire image.
I know I reviewed Gloomlogue prior to this but Apple used to wipe out reviews when an app was updated to an entirely new version. I review most of my apps, mostly for my own benefit since I can’t possibly remember all of them.
Picture taking addict
Great app. User friendly and can make any picture cool and impressive. Endless ways to tweak color temps and saturations to give your photo any cool look want.
This app is a must have for anyone with a twisted dark side to their art. The possibilities are limitless. The mirror effect is simply put.... genius. You move very slowly bringing each and every mirror effect on, so you catch every subtle change that transformed your original pic into a work of art so cool even you can’t believe how talented you are. Here’s the truth. Its the app!! And after the beautifully cool as hell imagery youve been unfolding for the past 5 hours. You will soon convince that your such an amazing artist with such a dark original sensibility that you will convince yourself that you need an art installation at your local art gallery. YES ITS THAT GOOD!!!! -heather
Very Nicely Done App!!
I’m a photographer who uses a host of apps to accomplish my artistic vision and this one is among my “must have” iPhone apps. I’m impressed with the robustness and flexibility to edit images in a variety of ways that are usually only found in far more expensive editing programs. I compare it Snapseed, as that’s also one of my top apps, but the user interface is easier on Gloomalogue. It’s just a really nice app to have in any serious photo enthusiast’s bag for creative control at your fingertips without having to pay through the nose and take a multitude of classes to learn how to use it. As with most apps, it has its limitations so don’t expect Adobe Lightroom catalogue capabilities. There is a lot of bang for the buck here, though, so use it wisely and you’ll be very happy with the results!!
The developer, Thomas Tsopanakis, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Thomas Tsopanakis
- 20.5 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Thomas Tsopanakis
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.