Glucobyte is a diabetes app that allows you to record, track blood sugar, analyze and share your blood glucose information using your mobile device. In addition, Glucobyte connects with Apple Health. With your health information at your fingertips, you can now take active control of your own health. Whether Prediabetic or Type 1 or 2 diabetic, Glucobyte can help you manage all your blood glucose, A1C, insulin, medication, ketone levels, carbs and weight information to monitor your progress and discover trends with an overall goal of improving your blood glucose.
1) Glucobyte allows you to record, track and analyze trends in your blood glucose information. You can either manually enter your records or sync with Glucobyte through Apple Health. Glucobyte alone does not measure blood glucose or blood sugar. You need a separate blood glucose meter to measure blood glucose levels.
2) Glucobyte is NOT a substitute for a doctor or professional healthcare or advice. Any health related information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be used to replace the advice of healthcare professionals.
For information on how to use the app, visit our website FAQ: www.glucobyte.com/#faq
- With Glucobyte Diabetes Tracker, Record and track blood sugar (mg/dL or mmol/L), Insulin basal or bolus (Units or mg), Medication, Ketone, Carb counter and Weight. Estimated A1C is automatically calculated for a selectable time range. Modify date and time for records as needed.
- Quickly add notes and tags (e.g. fasting, before/after breakfast) using tags. Tags are intelligently pre-populated based on a configurable meal timing and remember medications for quick and easy entries.
- Store and access all your blood glucose measurements anywhere and anytime using Apple Health. Avoid manual data entry and reduce errors by automatically uploading blood glucose measurements to Health by auto-syncing with Glucobyte and your glucose monitor. The following Glucose meters can connect to HealthKit (check for compatibility with different models):
* One Drop
- Share your blood sugar log with your doctor, healthcare provider or family using email, text message (SMS), Apple HealthKit. Create blood glucose reports in PDF format with blood pressure data, charts and stats and share with your doctor or healthcare provider.
- View summary grouped by daily AM/PM and before/after meal averages. Create, share and print summary PDF reports and CSV file.
- Print PDF reports or charts directly from your Glucobyte diabetes log
- Analyze the progress you are making using intuitive graphs and statistics (including mean and variability for a period). Filter the data analyzed based on tags which can prove useful in analyzing how well you are doing and if any lifestyle modifications or medications have proven effective. Compare graphs and stats based on your tags side by side.
- Back up your blood glucose data and access it on all your mobile devices with Glucobyte Cloud. This is an optional service. We do not sell your health data.
- Sync directly between iPhone and iPad through Bluetooth or WiFi without sharing on the cloud.
- Backup all your blood glucose data by exporting your file to iTunes, Dropbox and Drive. If your blood glucose data is saved in a CSV file, you can import all your data to the Glucobyte Sugar App.
- Protect your data with TouchID, FaceID or Pin keypad protection
- Set reminders for managing your blood sugar
- Intuitive color coded data to identify low, normal and high. These limits can be modified. Categorize your records based on ADA recommendations or create your own custom categories for blood glucose and ketone.
- Create multiple user profiles and manage them from a single app/device.
- US and international height and weight units supported.
- Added custom from/to date filters for average dashboard
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Best diabetes app I have used
I have tried out the number of glucose monitoring apps in the past. This one is very intuitive and easy to use. All of the features are easy to navigate, and the graphs/data representation are clear. Best of all, I am not linked to a particular brand of monitor to store all of my data. Furthermore, the analytics are well designed and help me adjust my lifestyle as needed.
Very intuitive interface. Very useful if you are suffering from diabetes and you need help managing.. definitely recommend
I did not know this was a brand new app when I paid for it.
Has potential but not there yet.
Take medications for example:
You need to have on a list of your medications on sheet of paper beside you. There is no list for you to choose from which mean you have to type the name in from scratch
Not Once but every time you take a med you have to type in the name of the medication.
Graphics are good but I can believe that after at least two years of updates they are not further along
Yes they sync insulin data to Apple Health BUT they do NOT distinguish between the two insulin types
BOLUS & BASEL
See Apple Health Insulin Delivery input for excellent description of Bolus & Basel
I take BOTH types
Developer Response ,
Update Apr 16th, 2021: In version 2.4, you will be able to Remember medications for quick and easy entries through an editable and searchable list.
Update Mar 2nd, 2021: We have improved Glucobyte based on some of your recommendations. Check out version 2.3 which will be released in the app store shortly.
1) Save insulin as basal or bolus and details recorded in PDF reports and CSV files.
2) Sync insulin basal and bolus entries with Apple Health.
3) Remember meds enabled by default.
4) Medicine dosage entry allows decimal values.
5) Remember previous weight entry that allows quick weight updates.
Jan 28th, 2021, Thanks for identifying opportunities for improving the medicine list and adding insulin basal and bolus. We will update it in a future revision.
Also, just so you know we released the app only 3 months ago. Therefore, not sure where the graphs reference of 2 years came from.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Evolve Medical Systems, LLC
- 96.8 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- ©Evolve Medical Systems LLC, All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Glucobyte Premium $9.99
- Glucobyte monthly subscription $3.99
- Multi-user Profiles $5.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.