Gluon is a highly opinionated, but customisable, third-party app for Micro.blog.
With Gluon, you can do the following:
- View your timeline, mentions, bookmarks and more.
- Reply or post to Micro.blog and also set bookmarks.
- Post to multiple hosted Micro.blog sites with ease.
- Discover the discovery feed including all the “emoji” tagged discover sections.
- Pin your favourite emojis to the Discover screen for quick access.
- Participate in community challenges, featured on Discover.
- Discover promoted content relevant to the community.
- Search users or posts on Micro.blog.
- View user profiles and follow, or, unfollow.
- Add multiple accounts to the app.
- Customise the app from theme, font, accent colours and much more like many awesome icons — because sometimes you just need pink. Need any Nitpicky settings? Got them too!
- Fully functioning Mute list to keep your feed sane and on topic for you.
- Works across iOS and iPadOS.
- And much much more.
This is a third-party client for Micro.blog. An account is required with Micro.blog in order to use the app.
Gluon is an app made with care, focus and love by Vincent Ritter.
Happy Gluon release day everyone. This one is packed with some minor new stuff and a LOT of quality of life improvements... just kidding with the minor new stuff ;) Let's get to it:
- [NEW] Focus mode - We've added focus mode for when you're in need of a break. Don't we all? Enable it straight from your profile screen, or head on over to settings to fine tune it. We'll hide the main timelines so there is less distraction. If you want to just show mentions, we have an option to put Gluon into a "Mentions" only mode.
- [NEW] The timeline now looks different. Different in a good way and much more room for content - no more wasted space.
- [NEW] Much improved settings screen and a raft of accents and ICONS. You can also change your accent colour depending on light or dark mode, because sometimes you want to go all neon green when the lights are out!
- [NEW] Lot's of new nitpicky settings for you to try out! Toggle between not showing replies on the main timeline (this is a good thing for some people), only show long posts, hide avatars, hide names and only show usernames and an option to show/hide a conversation icon so you can quickly assess (don't write that with one s) if the timeline item has a conversation going. And a few others, like opening a post screen every time you open Gluon, going hand in hand with focus mode.
- [NEW] Icons and accents... did I say that already?
- [NEW/IMPROVED] Much better timeline loading handling... that's a mouthful! The feeds are quicker to load in general and they update on the fly as you scroll, so they're staying up to date.
- [FIX] Fixed the Hemispheric Views app icon. Now using the official blue!
- [FIX] Tapping on Micro.blog specific links, will open the correct thing now instead of empty conversation views.
- [FIX] Fixes an issue when tapping on a @username within a timeline item and it not navigating to the profile in question.
- [FIX] On your bookmarks page, tapping an item will now open the correct conversation (it was blank before that).
- [FIX] Fixes an issue where your profile wouldn’t show up on the Reply screen.
- [IMPROVED] Settings that take you to a website now might open up in an external Safari/Browser instead of in-app.
- [FIX] Finally... on iPad... when rotating from landscape to portrait, or the other way around, images will now look correct.
- [FIX] On iPad, when navigating to the app from the background, the screens will no longer look super weird for a moment or out of bounds and shifted to the right.
- AND SO MUCH MORE...
Now stop reading, because I just want you to use the app.
Happy Micro blogging.
Ratings and Reviews
Really beautiful and functional
Great app all around. Very happy with it!
Fantastic client for Micro.blog
The official Micro.blog works great, but if you want more customizable options and design, Gluon is wonderful. A dedicated developer keeps Gluon up-to-date with new features and fixes.
Great looking Micro.blog client.
I just started playing around with this application. It’s a really great way to interact with your Micro.blog.
This may eventually replace the official client on my device.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Vincent Ritter
- 9.4 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 14.7 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.7 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.7 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2018 - 2022 Vincent Ritter