Gluon is a highly opinionated, but customisable, third-party app for Micro.blog.
With Gluon, you can do the following:
- View your timeline, mentions and favourites.
- Reply or post to Micro.blog and also set favourites.
- Post to multiple hosted Micro.blog sites with ease.
- Discover the discovery feed including all the “emoji” tagged discover sections.
- Pin your favourite emojis to the Discover screen for quick access.
- Participate in community challenges, featured on Discover.
- Discover promoted content relevant to the community.
- Search users or posts on Micro.blog.
- View user profiles and follow, or, unfollow.
- Add multiple accounts to the app.
- Customise the app from theme, font, accent colours and much more. Need any Nitpicky settings? Got them too!
- Fully functioning Mute list to keep your feed sane.
- Works across iOS and iPadOS.
- Small app download size (under 10MB).
- And much more.
This is a third-party client for Micro.blog. An account is required with Micro.blog in order to use the app.
Gluon is an app made with care, focus and love by Vincent Ritter.
Hello and welcome to the first update of this year!
This update adds a few extras to the discovery section and also includes a few of those needed bug fixes.
- New challenge screen, showing a little bit more information including profiles when words were suggested. Also adds a calendar link, if it's available, for the photo challenges.
- Ability to "pin" discover emoji topics to the discover timeline. Just long press on the topic in the Discover More section and you’ll get a little start to the top left — that means it is pinned. Find them on the main discover timeline. Long press to remove.
- Native privacy focused, and friendly, promoted content in the discovery sections. These are run by me for people on Micro.blog. Have a look and see what you think. There is an option to disable them in settings for 5 days.
- Micro Monday profile tweaks, giving you a nice overview and you can listen/subscribe to the podcast. Go to Discover -> More (top right) and then find the Micro Monday section.
- Inline images. You can now inline images in the compose window when creating a new post, if you have a hosted Micro.blog account. It's simple, but I hope you like it. Just tap the image after it uploaded and select the inline option.
- Fixes an image bug when tapping on a post with multiple images — now the correct image is shown/scrolled to.
- Fixes a potential issue when you reply to someone, but the text is cut off. This is mainly because you may have a large following count.
As always, thank you to all my testers and of course to everyone using the app! I really appreciate all the support and kind words.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Really beautiful and functional
Great app all around. Very happy with it!
Best micro.blog client on iOS
Normally I write and post from Drafts, but when I want to read and interact and explore on micro.blog, I use Gluon. It’s a pleasure to use. I no longer have the official app on my phone or iPad, Gluon has what I need.
Excellent client for Micro.blog
I have been a part of the private beta of Gluon since it launched, and I’m so excited to see it released broadly to everyone. It’s such an excellent app. It’s quite customizable which means everyone can set it up (from colors to everything) just the way they like it.
It easily integrates with the Micro.blog platform, and as an added wonderful touch, the developer put in an easy-to-use reminder regarding the current (February 2020) photo challenge so that one could easily see the prompts for each day from the Discover tab!
Vincent really cares about the feedback we provide and making this the best possible client. Bravo!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Vincent Ritter
- 8.6 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2018 - 2021 Vincent Ritter
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.