Gluon is a highly opinionated, but customisable, third-party app for Micro.blog.
With Gluon, you can do the following:
- View your timeline, mentions and favourites.
- Reply or post to Micro.blog and also set favourites.
- Post to multiple hosted Micro.blog sites with ease.
- Discover the discovery feed including all the “emoji” tagged discover sections.
- Search users or posts on Micro.blog.
- View user profiles and follow, or, unfollow.
- Add multiple accounts to the app.
- Customise the app from theme, font, accent colours and much more. Need any Nitpicky settings? Got them too!
- Fully functioning Mute list to keep your feed sane.
- Works across iOS and iPadOS.
- Small app download size (under 10MB).
- And much more.
This is a third-party client for Micro.blog. An account is required with Micro.blog in order to use the app.
Gluon is an app made with care, focus and love by Vincent Ritter.
Hello and welcome to the next release of Gluon. I'm pretty excited about this one as it paves way for the next chapter in Gluon's short history.
As always, I want to say thank you to every single one of you that has contributed with your kind messages of support and feature requests. I know I cannot grant every wish, however I think this update ticks a lot of boxes.
So let's get to it.
- New timeline syncing mechanism. You cried and I listened (and also cried). So now your feed should update and fill in the gaps the best it can. No more missing posts for you.
- Allow and display multiple sites if your account has more than one "blog" hosted on Micro.blog. That means you can easily select which blog you want to post to with a simple tap right in the post editor or selecting it in the "More" screen. Thanks to everyone requesting this feature! It was fun... most of the time... to implement.
- Categories update as you select a new site, if you use the above feature. It deserves its own point. I'm proud of it.
- Micro.blog challenges! Yup, you heard me correctly. These now display in the Discover timeline if and when one is announced. That used to be a manual job, but now comes via the Gluon API!
- Oh and now we come to bug fixes. There are a lot in here. Thank you so much to everyone telling me about your bugs. They've been bugging me, so I made sure to address some of those.
- Slightly reduced app size... you heard me correctly!
- Oh and something special... but I can't say more... except that it's pink!
Did I miss something? Probably.
I hope you're happy with this release as I am.
Again thank you so much to everyone. I couldn't do this without you.
If you feel like leaving a review... then please do!
Oh and thanks for reading the release notes... let me know if you did :)
Onto the next exciting chapter for Gluon! Can't wait to share it with you all.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Best micro.blog client on iOS
Normally I write and post from Drafts, but when I want to read and interact and explore on micro.blog, I use Gluon. It’s a pleasure to use. I no longer have the official app on my phone or iPad, Gluon has what I need.
Excellent client for Micro.blog
I have been a part of the private beta of Gluon since it launched, and I’m so excited to see it released broadly to everyone. It’s such an excellent app. It’s quite customizable which means everyone can set it up (from colors to everything) just the way they like it.
It easily integrates with the Micro.blog platform, and as an added wonderful touch, the developer put in an easy-to-use reminder regarding the current (February 2020) photo challenge so that one could easily see the prompts for each day from the Discover tab!
Vincent really cares about the feedback we provide and making this the best possible client. Bravo!
Best client for Micro.blog
I’ve used a few Micro.blog clients including the official one and Gluon is hands down, the best one. Not only it is leveraging all functionalities of the platform but also adding its own design touches when necessary. I highly recommend it to anyone new to Micro.blog
- Vincent Ritter
- 7.9 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 12.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2018 - 2020 Vincent Ritter
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.