*This app requires GNARBOX 2.0 SSD hardware.*
GNARBOX is an incredible field backup experience for photo and video professionals – with desktop-class file/folder organization and sleek tools to manage your files on and across storage devices while you're in the field.
• Backups with xxHash64 or MD5 Checksum Verification: Secure your files to and from memory cards, storage drives, or your GNARBOX internal SSD with an easy-to-use interface. Checksum verifications that give you the assurance of successful file transfers.
• Organize Files and Folders: Organize and rename your files and folders for streamlined navigation.
• ProRes Video Support: For videographers who need to preview their footage GNARBOX supports ProRes and other codecs typically used in video production to review their footage before leaving the set.
• Backup Presets: Set up shortcut folder structures to automatically organize your files when you back up. Use pre-written names, sub-directories, dynamic dates, and even sort your files by file extension.
• Task Management: You'll always know the status of transfers and tasks – just tap the Tasks indicator to explore and manage the queue.
• Cloud Upload Manager: Upload files and folders to Dropbox or Frame.io when you reach WiFi.
• Plus many more features to save you time and increase the reliability of your workflow.
*What is GNARBOX?*
GNARBOX 2.0 SSD is a rugged backup device for pro content creators who need the most reliable way to back up their files in the field. Unlike other storage solutions, its compact design and powerful on-board backup features make it effortless to manage files without a laptop. With up to 1TB internal SSD, SD slot, two USB-C ports, and a mobile application interface to complete essential workflow steps before arriving to the studio, GNARBOX will save you time and make you a more reliable creator.
• Automatic file renaming on file backups using presets
• Concatenated folder names for backup presets
• New MONTH, DAY, YEAR metadata variables added for presets and naming
• New EXIF variables for folders and file renaming (Camera Manufacturer, Camera Model, Author)
• XML Preset Share
• Key enhancements to batch file renaming sequence options
• Option to include/exclude folder structure on upload for cloud presets
• Ability to forget home mode networks in settings
• Various security and stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
On the Road Backups made Simple
Works with the newly released GnarBox 2.0. V2.4 fixes compatibility with iOS 13. This app and device make it extremely easy to backup and review images from your iPad on the road in Field mode or while at home in Home mode. You are download your files from the GnarBox 2.0 to two separate locations at the same time. You can setup presets to store your files into a folder structure that fits your unique workflow. It is nice that you can modify both the SSIS of the GnarBox as well as the password to ensure the privacy of your data.
Has Promise to be a powerful backup solution
The app is still in its early stages, but it already has the capability to reliably backup multiple SD cards from any camera. The process for setting up automatic backups is fairly simple and straightforward, although a few options need better explanation. I’d like to ability to set up deduplication of photos if, say, I changed the rating of a photo using the Selects app. I don’t want to have a second copy imported from the card the next time I back up. Overall, if you value having a backup in the field, especially if you have a camera with a single SD card slot, the Gnarbox 2.0 is an ideal tool.
Great thus far
Being able to backup sd cards quickly, accurately and easily on site is great in itself, but the Safekeep app also lets you do really crucial tasks like rename files, customize folder structure and even transcode media before even plugging into a computer which means I can start processing immediately before even driving home from the shoot — just saves a lot of time in post and peace of mind before I leave location
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- MyGnar, Inc.
- 48.6 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 MyGnar Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.