- Fixes several layout issues with newer versions of iOS.
- Go Button is now less strict about requiring the expected number of arguments for certain OSC commands, allowing third-party software that always sends OSC arguments (e.g. TouchOSC) to again work with certain Go Button OSC methods.
- Fixes an issue on iPad in a split view layout displaying only the hits panel where tapping the "+" button in Edit Mode when no hits were selected would present the "Add Cues" media picker instead of the "Add Hits" picker.
- Fixes an issue on iPad in a split view layout where a show that was last displaying only the hits panel would reopen with the cue list visible instead.
Ratings and Reviews
I use go button extensively. However I have had a few instances where audio files will suddenly show up as missing. The iPad will run one show perfect, sit motionless and uninterrupted and then in the middle of the next show a few hours later the files are gone. This is obviously a major issue and one I’m not sure how to solve. I’ve learned to always have a computer running in tandem just in case the problem arises. Other than that complaint, and it is a big one, LOVE this app.
UPDATE: I discovered this is an issue with iCloud syncing music libraries and mysteriously deleting files. Changed my review to 5 stars, no problems!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback, and I'm really sorry you've been having trouble with your audio going missing!
If you are using tracks from the Music library on your iPad, we strongly recommend that you instead import your audio files into Go Button directly if at all possible. Then when you create your cues, select your audio from the "Documents" tab in the media picker. This way your files are kept safe and can't get lost.
You can read about various ways to import files here in the User Manual: https://figure53.com/docs/gobutton/v3/getting-started/working-with-audio/
The Music library is convenient, but unfortunately problems can sometimes happen because iTunes and the iOS Music app can change the library at any time without warning. It helps if you make sure your tracks all have unique Album, Artist, and Song names so that Go Button can find the new track if the unique ID does end up getting changed.
Please write us at firstname.lastname@example.org any time if you have more questions!
First use, in wonder
Our community theatre group has been using CDs for 16 years. Never again. The free version does everything we need and has features will may never use; it’s that good. I was very happy to use this app without much instruction or reference to the manual. The only aspect that doesn’t seem intuitive is how you load sound files for it to use. Once you cross that hurdle, adding them to your cue list and all the manipulations thereafter are so easy. Thanks to the developers!
Works, like you hope it will.
Great, professional quality app. Very stable. Been using it the last couple weeks with a local theater production and have had zero problems. It works the way you hope it will, which isn’t guaranteed or even common in the iOS world of audio. And it is free! What a gift to the performing arts.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Figure 53, LLC
- 25.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011-2019 Figure 53, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Pro License $99.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.