Go for Facebook is the best and most powerful unofficial Mac app for Facebook. It is fully feature packed and built for addicts who want to easily use Facebook without having to ever open a web browser.
• Instant access to Facebook via your Mac's menu bar
• Awesome color-coded notifications with audio alerts
• Choose between desktop (full sized browser view) & mobile (condensed view) modes
• Popup notifications support
• Facebook Chat support with notifications
• Ability to turn off Facebook distractions/ads
• Window opacity control
• Resizable window
• Ability to run app via both the menu bar and the Dock
• Slick touch gestures support
• Accessibility options with font size modification, hotkeys and Voiceover support
BENEFITS OF GO FOR FACEBOOK:
• The best Facebook experience on your Mac
• The ability to use Facebook without a web browser window/tab
• Visually pleasing design and interface
• Always being connected yet undistracted
• Regular free updates
We've worked hard to make Go for Facebook as simple and efficient as possible for you to use. We would love to hear your thoughts via email and make any improvements to future versions of this app. We intend to have an active development cycle powered by your feedback, love and support!
Legal Note: Go for Facebook is a 3rd party app for Facebook and is not affiliated nor endorsed by Facebook in any way whatsoever.
We'd like to thank all our users for making Go for Facebook the most popular Mac app for Facebook!
We have finally solved the issue with the jittering that was happening when scrolling. Please help us by leaving an updated review!
Ratings and Reviews
First try experience
I had it on my computer for a few months and just did a first try today. It is pretty good so far. I love that I can view Facebook on the computer with the feature of doing both the mobile phone and desktop modes. The only flaw is that it can be kind of slow in terms of loading.
Its OK… It could be a lot better
I have an issue with the fact that when it needs to update a font, it causes like glitches on your computer, your screen sits there and glitches bout every 10-15 seconds the entire time its updating…. You cant do anything else on your computer untio the update is done… this issue just started about 2 weeks ago for me…. This app is also a lot different and doesnt seem to be as simple and easy to navigate as the older app version.
I like the news updates on the side and it has an easy to naviagate interface. Lately, though, it has been very glitchy. It freezes every 10 seconds or so. It never used to do that, just in the last few months. Makes me not want to use it.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.