Going International and the internationalization of companies are important fields of competence for students of executive MBA programs. Various methods and tools have been developed for this purpose at Bern University of Applied Sciences, which are now integrated didactically into the app game Go2Markets.
The users learn by playing the game:
- How to analyze a new export market
- How to select a distribution partner in a new export country
Executive MBA programs are studied by graduate students while working full time. With the app-game, they can carry out the needed self-studies efficiently at their workplace - for example between meetings. The app-game is targeted at digital natives who spend a lot of time with their mobile phones.
The app game is a text adventure. The players take on the role of Beat Häfeli, who analyses the Russian market for an export company and evaluates a sales partner in Russia. The following publications and tools are main sources for the content of the game:
- Paul Ammann, Ralph Lehmann, Samuel van den Bergh, Christian Hauser: «Going International - Konzepte und Methoden zur Erschliessung ausländischer Märkte, Versus Verlag Zürich,2012
- Paul Ammann: merz+benteli – Markteintritt Russland, in: Pepels (Hrsg.) Fallstudien zum Marketing, Herne 2015, S. 331 – 367
- Apps Fit2Globalize und Fit2Procure
The levels of the product, the SWOT and the Positioning of a product are discussed during the game. Important topics are explained in the Glossary. The players can achieve points during the game.
For more information: www.go2markets.ch
Latest version of the game with minor bug fixes
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.