GoCar Malaysia is a car sharing platform where you can reserve, unlock, and access a car anytime from your smartphone by using our app. With a growing community of 30,000 members, GoCar is on a journey to transform the way we think about transportation to make Malaysia greener and smarter.
Now available at over 250 locations in 5 states across Malaysia, GoCar makes it easy and possible to drive a car without owning one. Choose from sedans, compact SUVs, MPVs, and more to suit your road trip.
Choose your dates, times, and GoCar location to book a car.
Unlock the GoCar via our app and follow the instructions to begin your trip.
Park the GoCar back at the drop-off point. Use our app to end your trip and lock the car.
Reasons To Update
* We’ve made it easier to get reimbursed for car wash. Just a few taps and your compensation will be processed. Thank you, GoCar community for helping to keep our cars clean!
* Sometimes accidents happen. Fret not, we have step-by-step instructions to guide you through the gruelling process so you can keep calm and carry on.
Drive safe and enjoy your trip with GoCar!
Ratings and Reviews
I have a lot of experience with car sharing in different countries. But only here, in Malaysia, it's completely awful:
1. You can't get a car near you and return it somewhere else. You have to return it to the exact place.
2. You have to decide how much time you need before the ride. What is the point? I can't predict the exact period of time I need before the ride. Just use the minutes, like everybody else in the world. 2-minute ride for 1 RM for example. If you return the car in 1h30m you’ll pay 45 RM.
3. Fuel cards. People stealing these cards from cars every time. And I have to refuel the tank with your own money. And know what?
4. You can't get a refund in the next 8 day. You just keep sending the photos and messages to the customer service, but they don't care about it. All you will get is auto-answers and that's it.
Dangerously poor App
For a car rental App which uses the App to unlock, lock, and to report any issues this one is really bad.
Firstly no matter how many times I report a damage VIA the App (with photos attached) they don't do anything. There's a car I booked which had a cracked hole on the front windshield. After 1 month of reporting the same car is still in circulation.
All their cars are downright filthy. And the worst part is everytime you book the car you'll end up fueling it. So the even cost wise this is no substitute for grab or taxi.
Awful and unresponsive
Please fix this app, i had to wait about an hour hoping for it to respond. But i ditched the idea and had to call their office for support to unlock the car. I also restarted my phone and app but it had the same problem
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.