The GoHRT app lets you purchase and use fares for the VB Wave instantly on your phone—anywhere, anytime. Just download the free app, register your debit/credit card or PayPal account in our secure system, and you're ready to go.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS APP:
• No paper fares to track.
• No need to carry cash, count exact change, or find a ticket machine.
• Buy and use fares instantly using a debit/credit card or your PayPal account.
• Pay a single fare or multiple fares for a group of riders.
HOW IT WORKS:
1. CHOOSE TICKET TYPE
2. CHOOSE FARE
3. CHOOSE QUANTITY
4. CHECK OUT
Q: Do I need to be connected to the Internet?
A: Cellular network or a wireless Internet connection is required to purchase tickets, but you can activate your pre-purchased tickets offline.
Q: What if my battery dies?
A: Just like with paper tickets, you're responsible for making sure you have a valid fare at all times, so be sure to plan ahead!
• Don't uninstall the GoHRT app or erase your phone while you have active tickets on it. Your tickets are stored on your phone (which makes it possible to use them without a cellular network or a wireless Internet connection), so uninstalling the app can permanently erase your tickets!
• Purchase your ticket right before boarding.
• Show your ticket to the operator of the vehicle.
• Watch your battery level! Just like with paper tickets, you're responsible for making sure you have a valid fare at all times.
Performance improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
HRT Passes not just trolley passes ?
I highly recommend you guys update your app where your able to purchase HRT passes specifically one day passes , 7 day passes, 30day passes, and max passes for the public busses and express busses , for the locals to purchase , and the tourist that would make life so much easier. New York , Washington DC , California, Miami , and Orlando. Are ahead of you all in the Hampton Roads Area .Please change this please . And update the app where all passes are able to be purchased not just for the tourist that are coming for vacation at the oceanfront in Virginia Beach. Your citys in Hampton Roads are growing and you need to update your public transportation options so mandatory . Thanks
Not what I was expecting
My daughter occasionally misses her school bus and as an alternative she considered taking the the light rail to get to school. This app was developed under the assumption that you should know where to and from to travel or the nearest station number. I have never seen a public transportation app without some sort of interactive map. This app could really benefit from that. I know that the light rail is relatively new, but this app needs lots of improvement. It feels incomplete.
Need Contactless for normal buses
I’ll be able to start using HRT again if this app expands to tickets for normal buses.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Transportation District Commission of Hampton Roads
- 32.4 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Transportation District Commission of Hampton Roads
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.