Go Israel is an application developed by the Israel Ministry of Tourism in order to help international tourists find information about tourism in Israel, including:
• Accommodations: hotels, hostels, guesthouses and camp sites
• Activities: attractions, restaurants, events, trails, guided tours, trip planning
• Services for tourists and travelers: information centers, businesses that provide VAT refunds for tourists, tour guides, conference centers
• Transportation: parking lots, gas stations, car/motorcycle/bike/caravan rentals, border crossings
• Other information: information about cities in Israel, access to digital media, and more.
Go Israel offers interactive access to large quantities of information, tailored to your specific needs and areas of interest. Use this application to plan your trip to Israel and to get the most out of your visit.
The application map displays various items of interest near your current location or in areas that interest you, divided into categories. Choose the city that you would like to visit, receive useful information about that city, and search for things that interest you in the vicinity. Or use the map to view items that belong to a specific category and filter the results based on your personal interests, to receive helpful information about your location or any other location on the map. Use the map to access a specific page about the item of interest, which contains detailed, useful information and up-to-date descriptions, including contact information. You can also share this information with your friends.
Add selected items to your personal favorites list. The list is divided into regions in Israel and saves your data so that you can easily look up the list of the places that you enjoyed and found most interesting later on.
Plan your personal trip using elements in the application. Choose a name for your trip plan and enter the dates. Choose the relevant sites for each day of your trip. Schedule a time for each event and define how you will get there (on foot/public transportation/car), and receive the estimated travel time from one item on your itinerary to another. Then view your itinerary on the map. You can also share your personal trip with friends.
Questions? Concerns? Use the application to contact the virtual service center for computerized or personal information, available 24/7 over Whatsapp, Facebook and email.
The application has several other features that may interest tourists in Israel:
• Currency conversion calculator – check foreign currency exchange rates and receive up-to-date, reliable information
• Emergency numbers in Israel – how to contact the police, fire station and first responders in Israel. Reach the emergency service that you need at the click of a button.
• Useful links – Ministry of Tourism websites – Visitors Information Website and the GOISRAEL marketing website, as well as other websites that tourists may find helpful.
Ratings and Reviews
it constantly crashes
i appreciate your attempt to create an app, but it constantly crashes on ios 10.1.1. With internet ON, it crashes randomly, without internet it crashes immediately. It would be nice to have a version without internet requirement; remember that this app is used by tourists who may not have an active data plan or local sim.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.