In 1988, Rush appeared with Gold! in one of the most comprehensive adventure games of the 1980s. Now, the fondly remembered game, Gold Rush! has been developed anew, to today’s highest standards. No aspect of modern gaming has been overlooked. You can experience the famous California Gold Rush with high-resolution graphics, speech synthesis, a superb sound track and modern user interface features. Optimized game-flow will enhance your traveling and interactions with other characters of the period.
Gold Rush! takes you back to the year 1849, when gold was discovered in California. It was certainly one of the most exciting times in American history. Gold Rush! includes the three routes tens of thousands took to the gold regions. Become Jerrod Wilson and experience each trek as you travel from New York to California.
Whichever route you decide to take, you will see many historical sights. Try going overland across the Great Plains and huge mountain ranges, crossing the Isthmus of Panama, or rounding Cape Horn on the tip of South America. If you survive and arrive at Sutter’s Fort, the adventure is still only half over! Many other puzzles remain to be solved before you achieve your goals in California.
• Far more than 130 pre-rendered images and animated scenes
• Three different approaches
• High quality voices in English and new recorded music
• Subtitles in English or German
• Optimized quests, dead-ends and random-dies
• New intelligent Point&Click control, optimized for touch!
• This game is optimized for devices from 7", because the small details are better visible and better to control. But it runs also on smaller devices.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Ratings and Reviews
Could be a good game
Same issue as the other person. Trying to drag key from inventory bar keeps pulling down Notification Center. Hard to talk to people who are moving. I thought I’d tapped them but nope I’m looking at the street over and over
Good game in need for more forgiving touch controls
Ps original fan here. Was exited to play this new edition. I’m rooting for the game..
Pps. Funny story. So you’re supposed to keep off the grass in Brooklyn. I tried to talk to the cop, but my character walked across the grass to talk to him. He blew his whistle and said “freeze!” And then the game froze.
Buggy - needs work
I love the original Gold Rush. I installed this version on my iPad 3 and iPhone 6. It's really meant for larger screens. The controls are intuitive however your finger completely covers the control options and you need to blindly know what you're trying to do. I failed 20+ times in a row trying to drag my key to the proper spot on the gate. Text is tiny and almost unreadable. On the iPad 3 it was really laggy. Trying to drag items from inventory often result in dragging down the notification bar. I turned off the sound as the voice acting was horrendous. Flat characters that almost sound robotic. I can get past the voices but this really needs to be optimized for smaller screens. All that said, I'm still happy to have it. Gold Rush is always fun to play.
Edit: taking away another star. The controls are awful. I keep wishing I was just playing the original. This release just isn't fun to play.
Decent but questions...
I don’t know why people say they can’t use the key— press down in it for a second and drag slowly and you won’t pull down your notifications.
The only problems I’ve noticed:
1) iPhone puts the minimizing bar at the bottom of the screen in white, right where the text appears for narration and dialogue— so I can’t play without my sound on (I’d prefer to read it personally and it means I can’t play unless I’m pretty much home alone).
2) the blotter— I missed the points because no matter where I clicked... developer, you get the gist (any guidance you could give on that would be helpful. I still remember what to do from all those years ago— I just can’t get it to click right!)
I’ve only played the first half of this version— if it wasn’t those two issues, I’d have 5 starred it. The first isn’t a deal breaker just a preference. The second was a total bummer— cause it kept me for perfect scoring the first half).
The developer, Sunlight Games GmbH, indicated that the app’s privacy practices may include handling of data as described below.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sunlight Games GmbH
- 2.8 GB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2014-2018 Sunlight Games GmbH. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.