Golden Hour: A Romance Visual Novel
“Welcome to Haraya City.”
When your mother’s new job takes her to an island city, you wind up transferring to a new school in the middle of the term—and just before the deadline of a photography competition you’re determined to win!
In your search for a subject worthy of your entry, you get caught up in the lives of four remarkable young men:
• Nagi, the second son of the city’s wealthiest family.
• Kouya, a mysterious delinquent bent on justice...or revenge?
• Rui, a football star living a double life.
• Sol, a musician with a repertoire of secrets.
But with your deadline looming close, the frame of your lens can only capture one. Who will it be? And will your deepening relationship help you fulfill your dreams as well?
• Four main storylines, each with different endings
• Unlockable CG illustrations
• Rival characters in your romance
• Humorous supporting cast
• Fully-fleshed out setting
Two Game Modes
• Progress the story, make choices, and deepen your bonds in the Visual Novel Mode
• Keep up with school rumors and random benter in the Social Network Mode
Play This Game If You…
• Enjoy high school romances with handsome guys
• Like stories that explore various relationships: romance, friendship, rivalry
• Appreciate interesting settings and backstories
• Want a bit of crack humor on the side
• Are interested in a mix of Japanese and Southeast Asian culture
Facebook: Matchaa Studio
Follow us for updates, previews and other game-related content or get in touch with us for questions and feedback.
We’re a bunch of creative weirdos who are passionate about video games and Japanese and Korean pop culture. Golden Hour is our first major project as a team. Please cheer us on!
Enjoy the full stories of both dutiful delinquent Kouya and football captain Rui in this release! Experience 10 full days of fun, mystery, and romance in Haraya City with two of our four leads vying for your attention. Look forward to Nagi and Sol's routes in the future!
New features in this release:
- 10 full days of story with Good, Bad, and Golden Ends for both Kouya and Rui
- A more dynamic camera and revamped character movement help keep you immersed in Haraya City’s multiple storylines. If this causes any motion sickness, just turn off Character Motion in the settings!
- The new Save System allows for easy backtracking without the hassles of a time paradox or your favorite boy’s hurt feelings.
- You can now view Ayara Social Link posts from previous days, so you don’t miss out on any of ASL Ara’s romantic fumbles. A banner on the Schedule screen also reminds you of any unread posts.
- Engine optimizations have brought 3-4x speed improvements in scene loading!
- Enjoy fresh new tracks from our collaboration with local Filipino music talent, Bobbi Doloiras!
Minor Update: Improved character sprite quality
Ratings and Reviews
One Word: Different
Now that I’ve been trying a lot of Otome game and almost every games have pretty much similarities about how the characters would react.
This one is different, the characters are different in their own ways, they have personalities, stories and reasons behind their actions and not ready to change it anytime soon— like real people. The storyline exposes enough to let you know there’s something going on and it stirs up curiosity.
Most of the games I played would lead me to wonder what’d happen next to the main character(the player) since things just evolve around her(him). This one wants you to understand people and their stories behind. It’s really interesting, I’d say almost realistic!
The visual and sound effects are just as great. Not too detailed not too simple, the right amount. And the audio, this is something I really enjoy. Background music is very subtle when you processing and is used at the right time, depends if it’s needed or not. I’ve never like background music in otome game since most just ruined the feeling. This one is different!
All in all, I really anticipate the next update and will try all different choices for now.
Please keep up your hard work! Thank you!
Loved it! However;;;
I just wanna start off by saying that I love playing this game so much. The characters are fascinating, and show quite a lot of personality. (Always a good sign of well written characters) The setup is easy to navigate, easy to understand, and very aesthetically pleasing If I do say so myself. I also love the ASL chat! It’s cute to see a social media area where you can get snippets of characters either you meet or not :D
However, I find it difficult to move past the bad endings. I’ve played Rui’s route over and over again with different options, but I had kept getting the same outcome. I’m definitely going to keep trying, but for now all I can really say is that some things become repetitive at points, and it can be frustrating to go back and skip through the chapters while making your choices.
Overall though, I love the game dearly and cant wait for future updates :D
Looking forward to it!
This game has a lot of potential! I’m excited to see how it ends and what sort of outcome there will be but before I start showering it with love Ill just state some things that may help? First of all some one the poses seem a little unnatural, one that mostly stood out was Nagi, the fact that he’s just standing with no real “pose” seems strange. It’d add more character if he was crossing his arms. And same goes for other characters they should all have a little uniqueness in their poses. Second thing is that I feel like there should be a speed adjustment for the text speed, and the skip speed since sometimes the questions can’t be viewed and the player is left with no choice but to answer randomly. Otherwise Im really excited for the final product!! I can tell that this will end up a great game and can not wait until it’s finished! Keep up the great work
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Dayanara Simon
- 548.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Matchaa Studio
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.