Researchers have discovered that the human perception of physical beauty is closely related with Golden ratio. Golden beauty ratio is approximately 1.618. If the distance between certain regions in face to the distance of another defined region is closer to 1.618, then its considered ideal.
GoldenRatioFace uses facial symmetry, facial structure, and the golden ratio to calculate the beauty of anyone. It is scientifically proven that we are more attracted to people with a symmetrical face and facial features. A symmetrical face usually show that we are healthy and strong to potential mates. Use this app to tell how symmetrical your facial features and facial structure are.
How to use:
1. Take a photo or upload from gallery
2. Automatic scan your face
3. Get your Score
4. Share with Friends
How to obtain optimal results:
1. Use good lighting and plain background
2. Look straight at the camera
3. Pull your hair back so it is well away from your face, with no stray ends hanging down
4. Keep your face relaxed, avoid smiling and tilting your head either to the sides or up and down
5. Use a good internet connection
How to Share:
1. Share using the social media buttons within the app
2. Use output photos from the GRFace Gallery on your phone
3. Use hashtag #GoldenRatioFace on social media
4. Send to friends on Whatsapp, Viber, and WeChat
5. Post to your Instagram Account or Facebook
6. Send to friends on SnapChat
How you can use this app to improve your life:
1. Improve your perception on LinkedIn by using Golden Ratio Face to select your profile picture
2. Select your best photos for Badoo, Tinder, OK Cupid, and other dating apps
3. Choose the best cover photos for your acting and modeling gigs
4. Improve your makeup application in conjunction with Golden Ratio Face
5. Rely less on fashion and focus on facial appearance
How makeup can help:
1. Makeup such as blush, eyeliner, lipstick, and concealer can be used to modify the contour lines on your face which in turn can improve your appearance not just to other people but also to GoldenRatioFace
2. Use help from a professional and makeup app to assist in your makeovers and then test the results on this app.
Note that GoldenRatioFace takes into account only the geometry of your face and does not consider skin complexion, skin tone, fashion, clothing, glasses, or hair style. In this sense, GoldenRatioFace is unbiased. Since some people's perception of beauty may also consider smoothness of skin for example, that is a separate criterion that we do not consider. That said, at the very core and on the subconscious level, facial symmetry and geometry have the largest impact on human perception of a beautiful person and that is our primary focus accordingly.
GoldenRatioFace can be used in many other fun scenarios as well such as competition among friends and also friendly bar games and competitions. See who's the fairest of them all with app.
Remember that GoldenRatioFace is an entertainment app and although based on science, GoldenRatioFace above all else is meant to be fun. Do not use this app to bully other people and also do not become depressed because you score lower on GoldenRatioFace than you would like.
If you have any problems with the app on your device or with getting result, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to help you.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Ratings and Reviews
I can see my score and for $0.99 more you can purchase the mask (geometric overlay on your face). There’s an option to save images to the photo library, but it says “error” every time I try to save. I also didn’t give the app access to my photo library when promoted, but it still accessed it!!
Developer Response ,
Hi CMS nak, thank you for your feedback
Failed image saving can be caused by phone memory has run out. Please send us info of your phone, we will support for you.
Can’t get past ad page
Open up the app, select a photo, then get an advertisement and can’t get past that page. This is using an iPhone 7 running iOS 11.2.6.
Although it may be a problem with the ad, rather than this app.... I found the link to remove ads- it’s under the “mask” option. Well worth the 99 cents.
The documentation has a long description of how the golden ratio applies to things like pine cones and sunflowers, as well as faces. However, I don’t see any description of what the mask function does.
Best face analysis app
Great working app. Was able to put my 5 year old niece to the test. She has blond eyebrows and the app had not trouble taking her measurements. The golden ratio is an amazing thing. I am a photographer and do Photoshop retouching . Love the app. Would be nice to have something similar in Photoshop. Keep up the good work. By the way my phone is a ip6 your app works fine on it
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Tan Ho Nhat
- 16.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © MSMobile
- In-App Purchases
- Beauty Mask $9.99