Golden is the #1 app in the world for service. We work with 8,000+ organizations, including UNICEF and the State of California, to bring you the best volunteer experience possible. Just a few of our awards include:
• Facebook’s “Social Good App of the Year”
• Time’s “Top App to Simplify Your Life”
• 2x Fast Company’s “World Changing Idea”
With Golden, you can…
• Find nonprofit opportunities in your city that fit your schedule and are based on your hobbies and personal preferences
• Track your student and employee volunteering hours for your company, corporation, university, high school, or club
• Discover a sense of purpose while social networking with new and old friends, instead of just looking for love on Bumble, meet up, and dating apps
• Earn Karats rewards points for every opportunity you complete
• Send Karats to family / friends as a way to recognize others
Karats is our way to celebrate all the meaningful contributions that volunteers make every day.
Use Karats as your new social currency - The one that isn’t about having more, but being more.
Volunteering is also a proven driver of happiness and provides a myriad of physical, mental, and social benefits, from living longer and feeling more fulfilled to increasing your chances of being hired.
University studies have proven that charity work is essential for self-care, self-help, self-love, having a sense of purpose, and longevity.
So do yourself a favor, and start volunteering… you might win a once-in-a-lifetime Experience in the process!
Bug and crash fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Returning to my roots
Growing up, I did a considerable amount of volunteer work, but over the last 10 years, it has become harder and harder to find easy opportunities to donate a few hours of time to a good cause each month. Well, Problem solved! I really love how this app presents local organized volunteer events - so easy to round up a few friends and head down to the community garden. Hugely helpful and fulfilling, and I’m excited to see what other features they build!
Developer Response ,
csb2020 - thanks so much! We totally agree with you on local organizers. And we're always excited to meet more/new organizers too, so if you have any suggestions, let us know!
For Los Angeles Area it Seems
It’s wonderful that your spending time developing an app that is probably not the most lucrative project you could be spending your time on - that’s very noble. I’m in New York City - the largest city in the country- and there was only one organization with a listing. So here’s my feedback: 1) please allow users to see opportunities before signing up - the only explanation for not doing so is that your somehow trying to monetize the collection of emails. I honestly feel duped for giving my email address. 2) Consider renaming your app something with LA or Los Angeles in the title, or at least make it very clear in the description that there is limited opportunities in areas other than _____ Or if you’d just allow people to search opportunities before signing up, the second suggestion wouldn’t be necessary. There’s space for an app like this so if you’re a 501c3 you should write a few grants and you’ll be poppin in no time.
Developer Response ,
Hi @tontonflaco thanks for the feedback and nice to meet you! A couple things - 1, we never sell your data, as we comply with all major privacy regulations like GDPR and CCPA, and 2, we do support local and virtual opportunities not just around the USA, but in every continent globally. Since Golden content is "live inventory", not just "expression of interest" (aka lead generation for nonprofits), the available inventory changes constantly and much of it is private - meaning you'll only see it if you're within the target audience (say of employees of a company or with a specific skill). We'd recommend broadening your search filters and setting alerts, so you'll be the first to know about opportunities that suit your interests. Hope that helps. If you do appreciate the community we support, we'd appreciate you considering modifying your review to be more favorable, so we can continue to deliver and improve the experience for others. Thanks again!
Needs a lot of work
Your team needs to go back and redo the listing process from the ground up. The organization I was going to create listings for, and most other organizations, have created standardized listings for volunteer sites. I was going to put some listings up, but here’s why I won’t be doing so:
You split the listing section into three very short sections, with the third being “vibe.” First of all the character limit is incredibly short for the first two sections, I can’t even get 1/3rd of the information I need in there. Also, I’m a millennial and I have to say the “vibe” section is incredibly lame and a weak approach at trying to seem hip to set yourselves apart from the competition, not to mention you can only fit, what, 60 characters?
The time section is annoying as well, lots of opportunities are ongoing and at random intervals and don’t have a set timeframe, not allowing me to continue without setting a timeframe is infuriating.
Pardon any grammatical errors this was written from my phone, but I seriously hope you take these suggestions into consideration because the app itself is a good concept but the execution certainly needs work. Deleting the app for now but will hopefully be back later on when things have been fixed.
Developer Response ,
Hi there - thanks for your note. We very much appreciate your feedback because we constantly are working to better serve your needs.
A couple notes and a question:
1. We keep the initial sections short based on analysis showing that volunteers are 55% more likely to sign up for Opportunities with descriptions under a certain length. We have a "Pro Tips" section later on that has an unlimited character length for further info.
2. The "Vibe" section is focused on setting expectations accurately. Volunteers on Golden sign up a 2nd time 4x as often as other platforms, and one of the reasons (the main one being that our NPO partners are awesome is obviously the biggest) is that we have tailored the "Vibe" section to ensure that volunteers know what they're getting in to.
3. Time Section - I think I understand this to mean that you have openings for volunteers to come in whenever they want? If so, that's fantastic. We've designed the formatting for partners who have more strict schedules, but I'd love your feedback to make it better.
If you're up to it, you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We very much appreciate you taking the time to reach us.
Chief Operating Officer
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 1 Inc.
- 150.7 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 1 Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.